Tiredofit's story (updated with "before"-photos)

Cut short or cover?

• Total voters

Tiredofit

Reaction score
Well, it´s not really my story yet. I´m starting my treatment again, b/c I was an IDIOT and quit it in January. Anyway, I just figured I´d publish a couple of pictures of me from right now, and publish some more along the way. I´m 24 years old, and have been balding slowly for 3-4 years. It didn´t get bad untill last year. This is the worse it´s ever been, by far!

Also, I would very much appreciate some advise on what medication to use.

I am considering Rogaine, since I feel it´s worked for me in the past. I´ve only used the liquid form (by the way, I´ve been on it for a month this time around), so what are the advantages of using the foam? I live in Sweeden, and I´m pretty sure the foam version´s not on the marked here. Where can I buy it over the internett? I´m going to America in two weeks, so I figured i´d buy at least 6 month supply there. Where is the product sold? Over the counter on in any store? Will I be needing a prescription in the U.S.?

I´m also considering using Finanstride. I´ve tried that to in the past, but panicked once I started to shed alot, but after reading this forum, I guess I panicked for the wrong reason.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely buzz it off. The closer you buzz it, the less thin your hair would look. So I suggest going with a 1 guard (1/8th inch) or shorter. And if you plan on using minoxidil, it'll be a lot easier to apply with shorter hair. You also wouldn't have to deal with concealers anymore so that's another reason to buzz it off.

It will get some getting used to at first, but in no time you'll be glad you did it. Also remember to get a tan and get in shape (if you don't already have a good physique).

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
At first, you may get a few negative comments, but ignore them. Those people just aren't used to seeing you with a buzzed head. But after everyone's got used to seeing you like that, then there's nothing else to worry about.

I too was nervous the first time I buzzed it off, but months after I did it, the only thing I was thinking of is "why didn't I do it sooner?"

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Buzz it

At first, you may get a few negative comments, but ignore them. Those people just aren't used to seeing you with a buzzed head. But after everyone's got used to seeing you like that, then there's nothing else to worry about.

Very true. I started buzzing my hair about a month or more ago. I got 2 negative comments from my mum and a work colleague. Work Colleague told me it didnt suit me(so him versus about 20-30 people who had commented on it :lol: ) and my mum said it showed my scalp(she is quite dumb sometimes)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Very true. I started buzzing my hair about a month or more ago. I got 2 negative comments from my mum and a work colleague. Work Colleague told me it didnt suit me(so him versus about 20-30 people who had commented on it :lol: ) and my mum said it showed my scalp(she is quite dumb sometimes)

Moms are almost guaranteed to hate it at first. She walked in on me while I was buzzing my whole head for the first time and screamed. What's odd though was when I shaved my head with a razor (for no apparent reason... I was young and curious I guess) my mom was probably the only one who gave a positive comment (said it didn't look too bad).

Cassin

Reaction score
short short short.

It will be a shock but I am glad I did it. First time I did it my heart sunk and I had to take a deep breath when I looked in the mirror.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Give it a shot before holidays or smthing.

A short haircut might sometimes look better and won't make look like you're thinning.
(u could also use some Dermatch)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Tiredofit said:
Hahahahhaha! What lenght should I start at? Will half an inch be too long?
Considering your hair is already very thin, I would still recommend buzzing it with a one guard (1/8th inch) or shorter. The thinning would be too prominent if the hair is at half an inch imo. But if the drastic change scares you too much, then I suggest to buzz it at half an inch first and then gradually buzz it shorter every few weeks or so.

Tiredofit

Reaction score
The deed is done, and I still look like a strapping young lad. 1/6 of an inch, huzzah!

Now, does anyone have any comments regarding the treatment?

Pics will follow!

8)

Tiredofit

Reaction score
kalbo said:
Itsonlyinmyhead said:

Moms are almost guaranteed to hate it at first. She walked in on me while I was buzzing my whole head for the first time and screamed. What's odd though was when I shaved my head with a razor (for no apparent reason... I was young and curious I guess) my mom was probably the only one who gave a positive comment (said it didn't look too bad).

Hehe, I promised my dad I would send him a picture so he could show my mom.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Tiredofit said:
The deed is done, and I still look like a strapping young lad. 1/6 of an inch, huzzah!

Now, does anyone have any comments regarding the treatment?

Pics will follow!

8)

kudos!! You won't regret it!

As for treatments, definitely get back on finasteride and don't worry about the sheds. Stick with minoxidil, but if you have access and the money to get foam, then definitely make the switch to that. Sorry, I can't help you find a place to get foam though (I bought a ton of liquid minoxidil that I need to finish first, so I've never used the foam).

RaginDemon

Reaction score
long hair wont cover it...it will just emphasize the loss.

Cut it short and make it look clean is the way to go!!!