Tn-Looser's Story - (20 / losing hair in the front)

tn-Looser

Reaction score
Hi everyone,first of all i would like to apologize for my bad english i am from Tunisia and it'a my third language so don't get bothered if i make some mistakes.
So,here's my story i lost a big amount of hair when i was 16 in the front since then it has been pretty much stable.
But this summer i've noticed that it came back and i am loosing hair again so i shaved my head up (every time i shave my head up the shedding stops totally and i don't notice any loss in the shower or bed ).I think that my front line is Ok but the rest of the front is thin.
I can also add that my father is completely bald since his 30,most of my uncles have all their hair.
Some pictures to show you my problem :

-I never took any treatement except vitamines so what do you think,should i start now ?
What can i do to get my hair back or at least stop the sheddling.Any advice is welcome i am desperate.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Age 20 losing hair in the front (pics included)

finasteride and nizoral

tn-Looser

Reaction score

Thanks for your advice mj9,anyone else ?
Do you think i must start right now ?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

the longer you leave it, the worse your hair is going to get... start now :)

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

tn-Looser said:
mj9 said:
the longer you leave it, the worse your hair is going to get... start now :)

Do you think i am balding ?

man your hairloss pattern is the same as mine.. you are a diffuse thinner.... i would say this is the worst type as its easy to ignore at first but then when it get really thin, you end up a norwood 6+ instantly... good news is that diffuse thinners seem to respond well to treatments as i have noticed :)

tn-Looser

Reaction score

mj9 said:
man your hairloss pattern is the same as mine.. you are a diffuse thinner.... i would say this is the worst type as its easy to ignore at first but then when it get really thin, you end up a norwood 6+ instantly... good news is that diffuse thinners seem to respond well to treatments as i have noticed :)

I am hesitating because as you know Fina can cause some pretty hard side effects.
Do you have the same symptoms than me,hard shedding than it stops completely for about 2 mouths than it begins again ect ?
How much hair did you loose approximatively in the shower when you were shedding ?

P.S :Congrats i just saw your thread you are making stunning progress.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Re: tn-Looser's story - (Age 20 losing hair in the front)

I am not sure your loss is male pattern baldness related. Do you have any photos with longer hair?

Start using Nizoral or any ketoconazole containing shampoo of the local market and set an appointment with a dermatologist before you jump on any drug.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure I can see anything? I'm not sure I have ever had that much hair either?

G

Dude in your 5th picture.....is that a boner going on down there???

tn-Looser

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
I am not sure your loss is male pattern baldness related. Do you have any photos with longer hair?

Start using Nizoral or any ketoconazole containing shampoo of the local market and set an appointment with a dermatologist before you jump on any drug.

No sorry i don't have any,i will post some when my hair starts growing up.
I will start taking Nizoral for my skin problem.

ginger-uk said:
I'm not sure I can see anything? I'm not sure I have ever had that much hair either?

I am definitenly loosing hair,i have a diffuse thining it's more obvious under bright light.
I will update later and you will tell if i relly have an male pattern baldness.

sum bald gai said:
Dude in your 5th picture.....is that a boner going on down there???

LOL no my short is just a little too tight :mrgreen:

tn-Looser

Reaction score

Hi everybody,i've finally decided to start treatement so do you know any good site which delivers to tunisia ?
And should i start directly with the Big 3 ? The situation hasn't much changed since the last pictures.

SE-freak

Reaction score

tn-Looser said:
Hi everybody,i've finally decided to start treatement so do you know any good site which delivers to tunisia ?
And should i start directly with the Big 3 ? The situation hasn't much changed since the last pictures.

Did you consult a dermatologist?

In case you have verified that you have male pattern baldness, I would say start a finasteride/Nizoral combo. No stimulants.

Deathcab

Reaction score

As you can see I am really new here. Is finasteride called Propecia? Same thing?

Thanks

tn-Looser

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
Did you consult a dermatologist?

In case you have verified that you have male pattern baldness, I would say start a finasteride/Nizoral combo. No stimulants.

I have defenitely male pattern baldness,i am a diffuse thinner i've heard that medics can work on me so why wait ?
I did not consult a dermatologist because i know what he will tell me,Propecia and Minoxidil (Finasteride/Rogaine à) so why should i loose my money and my time while most of you are more competent than dermatologists about hair treatement.

Se-Freak why do you think i sould avoide stimulants ? I want my hair back not just maintain what is left,can Finasteride regrow my hair ?

Deathcab

Reaction score

What exactly counts as stimulants?

Deathcab

SE-freak

Reaction score

My suggestion not to start with stimulants (like minoxidil) was because your hairline is perfect and you only need thickening (not regrowth on bald areas) which is very possible with finasteride only. And yes, finasteride is the active ingredient of proscar(5mg),propecia(1mg),fincar,finpecia etc.

How are you so sure that you have male pattern baldness without consulting a derm?

tn-Looser

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
My suggestion not to start with stimulants (like minoxidil) was because your hairline is perfect and you only need thickening (not regrowth on bald areas) which is very possible with finasteride only. And yes, finasteride is the active ingredient of proscar(5mg),propecia(1mg),fincar,finpecia etc.

How are you so sure that you have male pattern baldness without consulting a derm?

My father is completely bald,my uncles are almost all balds so i think i might have some risky DNA.I have also noticed all he symptoms of the male pattern baldness : itchy head,maybe 50 hair in the shower,my front head is also thining so i think it is male pattern baldness what else can this be ?
You are right i need only thickening so i think i will listen to your dvice and take proscar for now.
I will cut it into 8 peaces and see what happens,good idea ?

SE-freak

Reaction score

tn-Looser said:
I will cut it into 8 peaces and see what happens,good idea ?

Cut it into 5 pieces, that's even better.

tn-Looser

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
[quote="tn-Looser":16n57o5a]I will cut it into 8 peaces and see what happens,good idea ?

Cut it into 5 pieces, that's even better.[/quote:16n57o5a]

You think i should start directly with the 1 mg dose ?
I was thinking about increasing the dose if i don't see any result.