To everyone who has resorted to the shaven look

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I was noticing a few guys at school today (I attend a university).. and a lot of guys look REALLY good with that look. I don't think it should get as many people down as it does. I just thought i'd throw in my two cents about that.

bombscience

Reaction score
Thinneritgoes! said:
Seriously, I was noticing a few guys at school today (I attend a university).. and a lot of guys look REALLY good with that look. I don't think it should get as many people down as it does. I just thought i'd throw in my two cents about that.

It's a situational thing. I'm a thin dude, and I've never really been able to bulk up even when i was bench pressing almost double my weight. My ears are goofy and stick out when I cut my hair short. And oh yeah i'm really white. For me shaving down is going to look more like i'm a cancer patient. Not looking forward to days ahead.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
It always irks me that people refer to shaving as both, Vin Diesel razor to scalp and simply buzzing it really short, because it's hard to tell what really constitutes shaving. I personally am the most extreme version of the type bombscience describes. I'm like 6'3", 160 lbs., not too pale, but was also worried about ears sticking out. Anyway my thinning in the back was starting to bother me to the point where I figured I'd just buzz it down for a peace of mind of not having to look at, and think about it constantly. I was almost certain it'd look bad, and although it definitely looks worse than my previous style it's not nearly as bad as I had expected. Most of my friends just shrugged and said it looked okay. That was down to about a quarter of an inch though, and I'm not sure how far you'd want to take it.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used to shave my head down (with razor) about every 3 days for about a year. When ever it grew in a bit u could notice the pattern. I can get a way with buzzing it down with the number 1 clippers now and let it grow for about a week and a half before its noticable. I have been told that i look a lot better with short hair and (not for bragging reasons, but to inspire others to go ahead with it..) i still get lots of looks from girls and do a lot of dating. Unfortunately, i have some libido problems...a damper indeed.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound stupidly obvious but the truth is some people just can't put on weight. I've always been a hell of a glutton but I never put on a pound, and back when I was working out I even tried to steer towards high-protein and just put on weight in pure muscle, but it never worked. I actually quit lifting a couple months ago and since then I've lost quite a bit of strength but for some reason my weight stayed exactly the same.

Reaction score
WOuld u shave ur head for a million dollars.??Just caught the latest amazing race episode in which one team had to shave their heads to get the fast forward,they were shocked and made an instant decision that they wont. The pretty boy even started crying...

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, you think you are going to add 20lbs of MUSCLE in two months?

I want some of what you're smoking!

Sure you can add 20lbs of something in two months but it won't be pretty.

Also, you guys worry way too much about all this. Go make some money. Get paid. Pursue your dreams.

Rich guys get all they poon they want. I'm finished obsessing over all this. Despite the fact that my regimen seems to be doing okay, I no longer dwell like I used to because now I'm pursuing extremely large paychecks. Hair what?