TO HairLossTalk.com SAW PALMETO AGAINST PRUPECUA???

mrgilg

Reaction score
HELLO HairLossTalk.com?

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS PLEASE:

1-HOW IT CAN BE THAT PRUPECIA WORKS ON STOPPING HAIRLOSS AND SAW PALMETO DOESN'T?
AFTER ALL THEY ARE BOTH DOING THE SAME THING IN THE PROSTATE.

2-IF SAW PALMETO DOES NOT WORK AS WELL AS PRUPECIA, WHY THEY ARE USING IT TOPICLLY IN A LOT OF SHAMPOOS?

THANKS

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose if you are concerned about growing hair on your prostate this would be a valid point.

1. To combat hair loss, propecia lowers the amount of DHT in the blood, which in turn lowers the amount of DHT in the scalp. It's lowering DHT in the scalp that's critical for hair loss. Propecia in sufficient dosages will also lower DHT in the prostate. However, saw palmetto taken orally apparently lowers DHT in the prostate but has no effect on scalp DHT at all. Thus, merely lowering DHT is not sufficient -- it's scalp DHT that is at issue for hair loss, and saw palmetto taken orally is competely useless in lowering scalp DHT.

2. It's possible that saw palmetto applied topically might have some effect on lowering scalp DHT, but whether it does is unkown. Since it doesn't cause scalp irritation and is cheap, there is no harm in including it in topical products. However, since so many people (erroneously) believe the saw palmetto is general a "DHT fighter," the biggest reason for including it in topical preparations is a marketing one. That doesn't mean it does squat, it means only that it helps sell the product. There is nothing unethical about this since saw palmetto doesn't hurt anything.

This question comes up repeatedly, even in the short time I've been here. It's a simple matter really to distinguish between fighting DHT in one part of the body and fighting it in another. What you want is to reduce scalp DHT, and taken orally, saw palmetto doesn't do that.

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
ye interesting but SP did do somehting for me and maybe others so thats why the confusion on SP it works for a bit then stops. is this their question?

G

cassin said:
Branco please answer this.

Hi Crassin, is good now that I ham become expert for all guys in harloss.

Is prassable that Preporcia and also maybe Sam Paleminto can make a guy into a homsexual (also called 'bummer guy' inside europe).

Is not so bad to be homsexual if you can only live inside pig farm with no other guys, pig will not know and maybe not attack you.

also try Nizoril shanpoo for hair lice, is only prablem is pink in colour and prasabbly make man into homsexual.

Branco

BadHairDecade

Reaction score

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wils said:
ye interesting but SP did do somehting for me and maybe others so thats why the confusion on SP it works for a bit then stops. is this their question?
In every hair loss test to date, on any product, even some people using sugar pills (i.e. placebos) thought they experienced some regrowth. So yes, there will always be people who claim that saw palmetto "worked" for them, just as some people who actually got sugar pills thought claimed that their treatment worked too. The fact is, it doesn't, or rather, despite the intense scientific scrutiny given to saw palmetto, there is not a single shred of objective evidence that it works to combat hair loss.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
mrgilg said:
1-HOW IT CAN BE THAT PRUPECIA WORKS ON STOPPING HAIRLOSS AND SAW PALMETO DOESN'T?
We don't know 100% for sure that saw palmetto does not work for hair loss. We just know that every clinical trial done using SP for hair loss has failed. Angela Christiano told me point blank the stuff doesn't work, as well, and even showed me the data in her office at Columbia University last year. To my understanding they are the only ones who have really tried to do a comprehensive controlled trial on it. She was unable to publish the data because of a personal conflict with a close friend who is a huge saw palmetto proponent.

mrgilg said:
AFTER ALL THEY ARE BOTH DOING THE SAME THING IN THE PROSTATE.
I want to know who the weenie is that started this rumor that if a drug works on a completely different organ literally on the other side of the body, surely it is a hair loss treatment.

mrgilg said:
2-IF SAW PALMETO DOES NOT WORK AS WELL AS PRUPECIA, WHY THEY ARE USING IT TOPICLLY IN A LOT OF SHAMPOOS?
Saw Palmetto fails in one major area. Serum DHT reduction. You can't have DHT reduction in the scalp if the serum isn't even being reduced enough. However, when saw palmetto is applied locally, topically, there is a greater chance of effectiveness. We dont know if it works either way, but there's a greater chance if it is directly applied. This is why it's sometimes in topical treatments, although Revivogen told me point blank "We only put it in ours for marketing purposes, since the general public seems to think it works, it made more sense to include it than leave it out, but we do not consider it the active ingredient in our topical treatment" (paraphrase).

As for shampoo's - they do not stay on the scalp long enough to inhibit DHT anyways, so Saw Palmetto or any other treatment that requires absorption and time to work in any shampoo is pretty much worthless. It doesn't stay on the scalp long enough. I would say SP in a shampoo is simply a marketing technique.

Nizoral merely needs 5 minutes or so, and therefore it can do its thing in a shorter time.

Hope this answers your questions.

HairLossTalk.com

THANKS[/quote]

mrgilg

Reaction score
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP HairLossTalk.com

HELLO AGAIN

ACCORDDING TO WHAT YOU SAY THE BEST SHAMPOO FOR HAIRLOSS IS NIZORAL?
IF IT'S CORRECT HOW MANY TIMES TO USE IT?

THANKS

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Available in your local grocery store, if you're in the USA. Use it once every 3 days.

HairLossTalk.com