To Start Or Not To Start? My Journey (with pics)

Trusty

Reaction score
Hello all, been lurking on these forums for a while now, thought it was time to take the plunge and get some decent advice about the best course of action for my hair.

Here are a few pic of my hairline...

Looking at the pictures you can see i've still got a decent set of hair, i'm very luck in that sense, especially as male pattern baldness runs in my family very badly, both my dad and brother were completely bald by the time they were 30. I must have got my mother genes in that respect as i should have had a lot more balding by now.

Where do i go from here, there are so many options, my hair isn't thin on top, neither is my crown giving way, it's just that u shape with the temples losing hair. If i look closely though, there is hair still at the corners of my temples, perhaps thats a good sign that i could see some growth in that area, i know ive read a fair bit about the difficulty in getting hair to grow in that area.

Am i right in think finasteride is too much at this stage and should just go with Rogaine/minoxidil?

Or should i just jump straight in with finasteride as well and hope i can keep this set of hair til i'm 80...:D

Cheers guys, looking forward to hearing back from you.

wareagle

Reaction score
Go with your gut, two years ago I knew my hair was changing and I asked other people what they thought. They all said it was in my mind and my hair was fine, after that I convinced myself that it was the angle of my hair growth why I could see my scalp and lost precious time. I'm on day three of propecia as of now and really wishing I wouldn't have waited. I also say don't be scared of finasteride, but get educated about it, when I went to pick mine up both pharmacist told me they were on Proscar and had no ill effects. Talk to other people besides just the ones here as most people who are having success won't be on the internet. Good luck with your hair

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Get on propecia. Drop a pill a day and forget about hair loss.

Trusty

Reaction score
Cheers lads, ok i will do some reading about dosages and stuff. I will book myself into the doctors so i can get a prescription as well. Am i safe in saying that i should have some tests done maybe a month or two down the line just to make sure theres no hormonal imbalances or something?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is going to feel realy really bad in your hair just. just go with propecia.
a blood test is definitely a good idea - a before and after blood test would reveal much more than just one

struggle

Reaction score
minoxidil is going to feel realy really bad in your hair just. just go with propecia.
a blood test is definitely a good idea - a before and after blood test would reveal much more than just one

Im on a similar boat as OP, but for some reason one of the temples is way less receeded. My hair is also black. Top of the head is good but I can feel a bit of less density.

Why do you say minoxidil is a bad idea? My dermatologist prescribed me minoxidil 5% an didn't mention finasteride. Im scared shytless having read some of the sides of both minoxidil and Finas for some people.
More info on my thread, please help:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-hair-War-begins-Help-from-experienced-people

Will post pics soon