To those that have been on avodart for 1 year or more

Chipper

Reaction score
Are any of you experiencing extremely dry skin?? When lookin in the mirror, you see deep ugly wrinkles forming that were never there before taking the drug. Notice dis-colored, pinkish color spots below the bottom lip or mouth area that looks like its sagging or lumped over? Also, if you get any pimples, they are very hard,yellow, dried up balls and not liquidy?
And when you knock them off, they form holes, or pitt- like scars and the scabs never heel?

Please tell me your experiences wether you've noticed any of those problems or not. I have and it looks like i'll have to stop the drug because its ruining my face and im very depressed and dont know what to do.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Chipper said:
Are any of you experiencing extremely dry skin?? When lookin in the mirror, you see deep ugly wrinkles forming that were never there before taking the drug. Notice dis-colored, pinkish color spots below the bottom lip or mouth area that looks like its sagging or lumped over? Also, if you get any pimples, they are very hard,yellow, dried up balls and not liquidy?
And when you knock them off, they form holes, or pitt- like scars and the scabs never heel?

Please tell me your experiences wether you've noticed any of those problems or not. I have and it looks like i'll have to stop the drug because its ruining my face and im very depressed and dont know what to do.

In contrast to Finasteride, Dutasteride also inhibits 5alpha-reductase type I. That iso-enzyme is also found in the skin and is responsible for sebum production. Thus inhibiting it results in less sebum production and therefore dry skin.
You also feel depressed ? Well, 5aR type I is also found in the brain. :wink:

bis