To Those Who Have Used Beard And Neck Hair

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
do you have scarring in the donor area? I would live to even out my beard, using beard hair and concerned about DUE scars/

Thanks

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different. We all heal differently, different diets, skin types, size of procedures, etc. When I started my first repair procedure I wanted 25 beard graft extractions. Yes I traveled all the way to Brussels, Belgium from Chicago and that is all I wanted because I know none of this should be taken lightly. Dr. ******** let out a subtle laugh but I picked up on it as a laugh of confidence because I do the same. I was convinced a couple of hundred would still keep me very safe.

I would suggest very, very low numbers and only you be the judge of what you see in the mirror. Maybe go for that 25 grafts.

No one has ever looked at me and seen visible scarring on my face or my head from fue extractions that doesn't mean you will experience the same. Keep yourself safe. It's up to you to do it. Too many marketers in the business trying to make a buck flapping their jaws. Observe over time and use logic.

The old guard of marketers have seen their heyday but many are still around.

I had about 1000 grafts taken over 4 procedures from a very tiny area around my chin. Yes all from that one spot and not spread out but a very concentrated area. I'm constantly in the sun and I don't have white dots. But that's me and it might not be you.

If you are just looking to even out beard hair I would politely tell you to move on. You are taking an unnecessary risk and these risks are normally for those that have gotten caught in a trap set up by many of the hair transplant marketers. Yes for repair patients it's a viable option but only a few repair doctors have the skill level regardless of what marketers will tell you.

Last edited: