Toco 8

jccidol

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? On their site it says this "Clinically proven to prevent hair loss and increase the number of hairs by an average of 42%" and
"Recently, our unique tocotrienol complex has been granted a US patent for its benefit at preventing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth in individuals suffering from alopecia. In the study, all individuals supplemented with the tocotrienol complex showed a positive result, with an average 42% increase in hair count after 5 months of treatment. (1) This is a much welcomed alternative to the popular hair loss drug Finasteride, a drug which reduces DHT and contributes to a host of side effects such as libido loss, gynecomastia, and depression. (12)"
This is the study they did for the patent they have for hair loss, thy said it was done over a 5 month period..
http://www.google.com/patents?id=AtF_AA ... dq=7211274

Is this stuff legit?

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried it for two months, did not notice anything.

Here's a blog post discussing the patent study and tocotrienol supplements on the market: Vitamin E Tocotrienols May Grow Hair in Humans. Supplements are really the only way to get meaningful amounts of all tocotrienols (annatto seeds are good but if I remember correctly, they mostly have gamma-tocotrienol), since the tocotrienol content of natural foods is very low.

If you do decide to try tocotrienol supplements, please note that consuming sesame seeds with tocotrienols improves their absorption by up tp 500%. See also the conclusion to my tocotrienol experiment.

Having said that, tocotrienols seem to have other health benefits which may make it worth buying, if you have the spare cash.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used Toco-Sorb for 6 months back in 2008 and the early part of 2009 and didn't really notice anything besides that my cardio performance was increased. I admit that I wasn't really paying attention to hair growth and didn't take before/after pix or anything since my hair was too long to really notice growth unless it was a night and day difference.

I took 2 Toco-Sorb pills/day in combo with 1,000mg of Sesamin to enhance absorption. It's a supplement that I plan to re-introduce into my diet since the cardio benefits were quite nice IMHO.

I believe that Squeegee also has used Toco-Sorb for 6 months or a year and noticed the same things that I did about enhancing cardio performance.