Tom's story. 20 years old - hairloss.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finasteride-only will be good for you, man. You're still in the "full head of hair" -club to pretty much anyone, even the Norwood-spotters in here. Sure, you're better off than 99% of the people on this forum, but the onset of male pattern baldness is still something to be worried of, even if most of us think you have virtually no loss compared to the NW2½+ guys at large.

I don't think finasteride will "fail" you, just be patient with it. Even if you get a mini-shed - don't stress it. Just pop that pill EOD, observe if you're getting sides or not (don't get too psycho with this and imagine sides) and carry on with your life, taking pictures of your hair every month or so. I would recommend popping the pill before you sleep, that way you don't spend your day thinking about potentially having some sides (ie. imagined ones), ruining your own day in the process.

If you want to add anything, just go for some Nizoral and supplements like Biotin, staying healthy and all that stuff. minoxidil would be an absolute waste for you.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, man. Remember, patience is the key. If you get very mild sides from finasteride, they will likely disappear in a month or two. I was really psyching myself up all the time during the first few days of finasteride, so I can tell you that the stuff I read online definitely affected my psyche a bit. Like, I would think: "are my nipples more puffy?!", "is my erection slightly worse now?!" and stuff like that. Still, I told myself I would ignore it and ride it out. Felt completely normal in all respects in a month or so. There can be legit sides, but your own mind can influence things a lot too.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. I've had it a few times when I've had a tight shirt on me and have had pressure applied to the area, mainly feeling it on my left nipple. Like, if I have tight shirt on me and carry something on my left shoulder for instance, that friction could then be applied there resulting in slight sensitivity for a little amount of time. Sounds pretty logical and normal to me. However, if I take a look at things in the mirror, neither one of my nipples looks puffier or bigger than what they were, pre-finasteride.

My only finasteride "sides" were:

-having to pee ridiculously often for the first 2 days or so (immediately returned to normal).
-very mild ball-ache here and there for like 10 mins at a time, for the first 2-3 weeks (this was hilarious as I had heard of the infamous ball-ache).
-watery semen.

The last one still affects me to an extent but the texture is getting slowly better and my erection quality and desires remain the same, so NP.

albionlad

Reaction score
You have definately caught these small changes early and made a pro-active decision about it - good on you

Honestly, I highly doubt that a single 0.3mg dose would have made any difference in your body to warrant these side affect worries that you have. The drug has a half life of 6-8 hours, and even at the recommended 1mg dose you have to take it consistently in the first few weeks for it to start working systematically. My advice is to not worry about sides, shedding or even visiting this website - go live your life and be happy because constant worry can really bring you down

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I had a feeling you would be one of the guys that gets sides.

albionlad

Reaction score
Hi Toms

I have noticed from your posts on this forum that you appear to be quite upset, so I am hoping to impart some advice for you and bring you some perspective. Firstly, I looked on your pictures and your hair is awesome, nobody would notice your situation which, is largely blown out of proportion in your mind. I can tell you this, because I know what it is like to live with BDD.

Secondly, you have been taking a largely reduced treatment dose at a very infrequent intake. The amount of Finasteride you have taken would not be enough to make any changes in your body. The drug has a half life of 6-8 hours, so from a 1mg tablet will be 75% broken down after about 14 hours in the body, this is why it is a 1mg daily recommended dose. You've taken 30% of that tablet, every 2 or 3 days.. The .3mg you took would have disappeared in a few hours. I think you have read a lot of side effect stories and have scared yourself to a point where you are convinced they will happen to you as well.

This is coming from someone that was so sensitive to hormones, that he spent the entirety of puberty with severe acne and nipple sensitivity. Yet I jumped straight on finasteride 1mg a day and don't think twice about it.

albionlad

Reaction score
A pre-finasteride blood test is a good idea, hopefully it will allow you to take the medication with your mind at rest, take it easy dude

nikko

Reaction score
Popped a 0.3mg finasteride with 30mg zinc, feels alot better than the first two pills, where I started to feel my breasts after 30 minutes after taking the pill.

Dude I am glad you started again. However if I have to be sincere I find it weird that you felt your breasts right after you swallowed the pill. Maybe it was just a kind of placebo effect.

tykouu

Reaction score
I honestly think you have mental health issues if your minuscule hair loss has caused any anxiety, depression, etc. Because your hair loss is pretty much non-existent.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he left. He hit the forums hard for a couple of months and then vanished.

Hopefully he realised that he has relatively minor hair loss and just got on with his life

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I think he left. He hit the forums hard for a couple of months and then vanished.

Yes he did.

Like many, he went over board with his minor hair loss. He was already talking about shaving his head at NW1. Totally ridiculous. While I'm at NW3 with a very thin crown and I am trying to grow my hair out.