TomTom84's Story

TomTom84

Reaction score
*Edited for brevity*

*male pattern baldness on both sides of family.

*I've recently turned 27, been slowly losing hair from a strip in the middle of my head, above my forehead. This has increased and my hairline has receded all over. I seem to have a lower hair density all over too, so that with an ordinary light source behind me, you can see more light passing between the hairs that remain.

*I may have been losing my hair from about 20, but I've only really noticed it over the past 4 years or so.

*I've been using Nizoral Shampoo for about 3 weeks (Once a day on Mon, Wed, Fri)

*I've tried out 1/4 of a Fincar 5mg tablet once a day for the past week - I feel fine, no different to before.

*I'm now going to try adding Rogaine 5% foam tonight (21 Feb 2011)

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My sad tale of woe! (Looking for advice)

Good choice not to purchase the laser comb, f*****g waste of money!!! But yes get on the finasteride ASAP if u wanna at least maintain what u have. If u wanna regrow then start using minoxidil 2X a day. Also use Nizoral every 2-3 days or so. Nothing is a guarantee for success, but its prob one of the best regimines

TomTom84

Reaction score
Re: TomTom84's Story - ( 26 /My sad tale of woe and need advice)

Thanks Skelll. :)

I'm going to look around and see if I can source finasteride and minoxidil in the UK, it should help to cut down on delivery time and shipping costs. I must say that I'm slightly concerned by the reported side effects, but I'll try the Big 3 and see how I get on.

TomTom84

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, I've eased into a Big 3 routine: nizoral (2/3 times a week), Fincar (1 quarter tablet daily) and Rogaine foam (twice a day). I've not experienced any harsh side effects so far, but I have noticed a slightly increased rate of shedding, which I'm guessing is a good thing in the long run. Hopefully that means that the Rogaine is starting to work.

I'll post some photos later. If anyone has any advice or opinions, I'd be happy to hear them. :)