Tone on this forum

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
What is happening with the tone on this forum????

Soon nobody will be able to post questions here anymore except from a small elite of posters........

Let's try to remember that this forum is meant for us to help & guide each other with our problems - and I think that's what need_hair04 was doing. Who is to judge what a stupid post is? Who cares if ActionPack can't spell? Who cares if somebody is posting a question that's already been answered - maybe the answer will make the poster feel alot better.

I was so happy to see that Socks - even though he's got a great head of hair - still takes time to answer people's questions - and I got the feeling that humanity is still fundamentally good and helping - and then I constantly hear people mocking each other here......

Sorry for sounding pissed off but I am a little (and just to get something straight: English is my second language so if you happen to bump into spelling error that would be the reason and there's no need to make a new post asking me about this ;-)

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that a lot of visitors to these forums are not native-English speakers. Yes, I agree that people need to "lighted up" when someone else posts a question that may seem mundane to them or a point-of-view that others may disagree on.

I think that after a while, posters feel that these forums are kind of like their "home" and they percieve that their time on the boards brings them a level of elitism.

Now, that's all fine and good, but there are other guys out there with problems that just found out about this forum. They should not be chastised just because they are coming on here later than others.

If a poster doesn't want to see a question that has been answered 1000 times before, he or she can simply go to the next thread. It is not that hard. Noone is making anyone look at anything they do not want.

The biggest problem that I see, however, is when a person posts something that isn't agreed with by a more "prolific" poster. When person A who may only have, say 10 posts on the forum posts information that could very well be relevant and person B who has 1000 posts disagrees, it is automatically assumed that poster B is right.

This is very dangerous and it should be taken into consideration that the "well-accepted" information isn't always the correct information. This entire industry is about breaking ground, so readers should be more open to new subject matter instead of automatically dismissing something that may sound unorthadox or goes "against the flow."

Seemingly contradictory to my previous paragraph, however, I urge readers to make educated choices in their hair loss solutions. There are many scams out there. HairLossTalk does an excellent job at moderating these forums for their content, but like anythng else, this industry is definitely "buyer beware."

Take care of one another. We all have the same affliction and we are all searching for a solution that works. The most prudent method of moving forward is to work together and not against one another.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HAHA

I have officially been whipped.

Ok, ok, Ill go back to "newbie-land" now. :D

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
It's true the number of posts doesn't equate to your knowledge, you posting wh*** junkies

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner this is just the beginning.

I know people you can get your legs broken for AU $200

:p :freaked2: :freaked2:

Deaner

Reaction score
Why not try to break my legs yourself, save yourself the money? :wink:

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't referring to anyone in particular in my post. I haven't been a member of this forum long enough to actually "get to know" any of the posters.

However, no matter what...Deaner, that quote on your posts KILLS me everytime I read it. :lol:

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't referring to anyone in particular in my post.

I second that. I think (hope) deaner is just joking here. I don't have anything against anybody. I was actually referring to the post before re: listerine. But I didn't post it there since I thought it was more a general concern.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Why not try to break my legs yourself, save yourself the money? :wink:

I think you are in the states? It's too expensive to go there from Australia (although my girlfriend is flying from Australia to the states tomorrow and I could in therory get her to do it....hmmm)

:lol:

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
meaning that someone could have 1000 posts and still know nothing about hairloss