Too Late? Next Step Advice Needed. Thank You

beefykobe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm 30 and probably started balding around 10 years ago but didn't notice it since I always had the short spiky gelled hair. I sadly didn't start accepting it until 3-4 years ago when i was noticeable thinner. I've asked my relatives and I can't say its male pattern baldness since non of them can remember anyone in the family that was balding at a young age for the past few generations. I started minoxidil 2 years ago and started on generic finesteride (5mg cut into 1/8) 1.5 years ago but haven't seen much improvement. My parents are in their late 60s/early 70s and their hair are fine so is my grandma whose is close to 90. My hair is very thin and I see lots of tiny thin black hair that are .5-1 in long but since they are all thin you can easily see my scalp. What should I do? Is there any hope? Should i see a dermatologist and get a hair biopsy? Attached are some pics could anyone tell me how bad is it which norwood is it and steps I should consider? Thanks

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 316
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 288
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 287

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair improved even slightly, or at least not gotten worse since being on the finasteride?

At this point I'd probably do some consultations with hair transplant surgeons, as you've likely gotten as much regrowth out of finasteride and minoxidil as you can expect. Other option would be to add dutasteride and see if it gives any improvement. Could also try adding tretinoin or dermarolling for minoxidil absorption

Last edited:

beefykobe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair improved even slightly, or at least not gotten worse since being on the finasteride?

At this point I'd probably do some consultations with hair transplant surgeons, as you've likely gotten as much regrowth out of finasteride and minoxidil as you can expect. Other option would be to add dutasteride and see if it gives any improvement. Could also try adding tretinoin or dermarolling for minoxidil absorption

I think it has improved slightly i have more thin fine hair. Hard to tell in the pics but the temple area has a bunch of little black hairs around .5-1in long but they are thin so its hard to see. Because most of my hair is very fine I look bald not sure how to increase the hair follicle size or if its even possible. Any recommendations on how to find a good doctor in chicago? I might even be willing to go to Turkey but I may try the dermarolling first.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
whatever you do, in the meantime, buzz it man

itll look a lot smarter. you got decent coverage still. plus your tanned, seem to have decent face to pull it off

beefykobe

My Regimen
Reaction score
whatever you do, in the meantime, buzz it man

itll look a lot smarter. you got decent coverage still. plus your tanned, seem to have decent face to pull it off

Thanks i was due for a haircut and I took your advice got a buzz w/ 1.5 on top it feels and looks weird. Am I a norwood 4-5? I take it I should get a transplant?

Attachments

• head3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks i was due for a haircut and I took your advice got a buzz w/ 1.5 on top it feels and looks weird. Am I a norwood 4-5? I take it I should get a transplant?

looks good man

it looks thin for sure from that angle, and prob feels weird especially if you never buzzed before. should post some pics similar to that you did before. i bet it looks a lot better then.

yeah you seem to be nw4/5. if you hair has stabilized with finasteride and your not experiencing any side effects, then you may want to look into getting a hair transplant now to get back some density

im really not an expert at all with this lol, im sure other guys here can help you. especially in the hair transplant sections

just be careful and do your research. pick a good reliable doctor with a good track record of results. i cant emphasize this enough. dont just go to your local doctor because its cheaper or more convenient. there arent that many decent doctors out there so you might have to travel a bit depending where your from.

beefykobe

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good man

it looks thin for sure from that angle, and prob feels weird especially if you never buzzed before. should post some pics similar to that you did before. i bet it looks a lot better then.

yeah you seem to be nw4/5. if you hair has stabilized with finasteride and your not experiencing any side effects, then you may want to look into getting a hair transplant now to get back some density

im really not an expert at all with this lol, im sure other guys here can help you. especially in the hair transplant sections

just be careful and do your research. pick a good reliable doctor with a good track record of results. i cant emphasize this enough. dont just go to your local doctor because its cheaper or more convenient. there arent that many decent doctors out there so you might have to travel a bit depending where your from.

Thanks I'll have to do some research but I'm really considering traveling to turkey and trying maral klinik or erdogan.