Too late :( Ohhh Provillus

bobaboba

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought 6 botles of Provillus pill last week. And just found this forum today :(

Right now I am using:
- Provillus pill (twice a day)
- Nisim Shampoo for normal to oily (twice a day)
- Rogaine Foam for Man (5% Minoxidil) (twice a day)

What should I do now ?
Can I continue take Provillus ? Or I must change with Finasteride ?
I cannot send back because I am in Malaysia. Send by Fedex from here to USA is very expensive.

Please advice...

Regards

Hoppi

Reaction score
I've never looked into the ingredients to Provillus to be honest.

It's basically an all-natural alternative to Finasteride. The main active ingredient is - as far as I can see - Saw Palmetto, which is known to have comparable effects to Finasteride in some, but apparently not all, people.

You will probably have more success with Finasteride yeah, but that's not to say Provillus would have proved totally useless.

I would imagine your best chance for success is to use Finasteride instead though yes.

bobaboba

Reaction score
Hi Hoppi :) Thanks for your reply.

So should I send Provillus to trash ? Or can I use Provillus together with finasteride ?

Regards

Hoppi

Reaction score
bobaboba said:
Hi Hoppi :) Thanks for your reply.

So should I send Provillus to trash ? Or can I use Provillus together with finasteride ?

Regards

Erm, well in theory yes you could use Provillus to back up finasteride, as it has lots of nutrients for your hair and stuff.

I might not be the best person to ask as I am new to all of this myself. But from what I've heard Finasteride is more effective than Saw Palmetto.

Let's wait for more people to reply :)

bobaboba

Reaction score

I am still waiting answer from others.
After my 6 botles of Provillus Pills finished, I will continue with finasteride.

But what I want to know, will Provillus doing bad for my current treatment ?

Regards

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will not do any harm but there is a fat chance that it wont do any good either.Had you bought Saw Palmetto from your grocery store,you would have saved yourself a lot of money.

bobaboba

Reaction score
Hi mpbsux20 :)

Thanks for reply. First time I don't know about SP, just browsing and found Provillus. And they got me :(

Now I knew that Provillus sold cheap products with expensive price :(

I just want to finish my provillus stocks (because I already paid), then next will be finasteride or SP.

Regards

Hoppi

Reaction score
Aw well Provillus... it's not like a COMPLETE scam, it's not like the ingredients are just nonsense. But... it's not as reliable as Finasteride and they have overpriced what is in there.

I would be surprised if it does absolutely nothing... tell you what, if you can, grab some Nizoral 2% and use that every few days, that should give your hair another boost :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bobaboba: I have been taking Saw Palmetto for nearly 6 months and I haven't noticed any regrowth.At first I thought I was maintaining later I noticed that my hairline had receded a bit further,so I decided to add Minoxidil 5% as well on the hairline.I have increased my Saw Palmetto dosage[doubled] since the beginning of this month.I hope my current regimen works for a long while[I have my fingers crossed]...If it doesn't,then I will have no choice but to add Finasteride as well :(

Often I feel low and pissed off at how things have turned out for me....I have been through a lot of turmoil in the last few years and this has added a few more years to my face.Why should people in their teens and twenties have to go through this ? I wish there would be a proper cure soon.

Good luck mate on your current regimen and I hope you are one of those rare guys who responds really well to Saw Palmetto. :)

bobaboba

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to give litle update.
After a week using Rogaine + Nisim Shampoo + Provillus Pills, my scalp very greasy and my face oily.

Before treatment, my scalp also greasy & my face also oily, but not that much like after treatment.

Is it normal ? I use shampoo TWICE A DAY. And 1-2 hour after shower, scalp start to greasy and face start oily. I hate my shine bald ! :(

I found in this forum about JOJOBA OIL that can reduce greasy/oil on scalp.
Is this jojoba for topical ?
Is it safe to use it together with Rogaine ?
Should I use jojoba twice a day ?

Here picture my greasy scalp :(
[attachment=0:2azsd7r9]Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment:2azsd7r9]

Please help me to solve this.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 245

Hoppi

Reaction score
You want my advice?

Cut the provillus (aka stop!), cut down fat in your diet, take finasteride (start mild), use Nizoral, take Coenzyme A, and take vitamins and nutrients for your hair.

Done and done! ^_^

Saw Palmetto/beta-sitosterol is KNOWN for increasing oil and grease and... I just don't know if that's helping. finasteride doesn't, hence why I think it's a good choice. Coenzyme A is pricey (you can also cut the cost by merely ensuring you are getting enough Vit B5 and Cysteine, and ATP too, as those are the components of it in your body) but will cut your sebum (oil, grease etc) down very significantly from what I've heard. Reducing fat in your diet will do that too.

Reducing sugar and carbs and getting exercise also decreases insulin and increases SHBG, so that's good too!

Oh, and flax seeds and... *shuts up before he overloads this post!* lol :)

bobaboba

Reaction score
Hi Hoppi,

Saw Palmetto, should be useful for decrease sebum because of DHT, EXCEPT if I have Hyperandrogenicity.

A male with Hyperandrogenicity, SHOULD NOT take Finasteride because it will make my scalp more more more more greasy.

I hope that I was incorrect, because....male pattern baldness because of Hyperandrogenicity...does not have any solution yet :(

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
Boba

Hoppi

Reaction score
heya man sorry I never replied to this.

So... I don't understand - how does hyperandrogenicity mean more sebum? I mean... I was not aware that DHT/testosterone levels could increase sebum!

If sebum is your biggest issue then I would say combine brewer's yeast and Coenzyme A. That should kill the sebum flat.

As for not being able to take any finasteride, that's a shame. However... isn't saw palmetto and that the same deal? Does it mean they are all out of the question?

If your primary problem is sebum then it's probably cured by the combo I gave you above (plus maybe a good shampoo to clear the excess and stimulate follicles - the one in my regimen might work (Aubrey Organics)), if you really can't take any 5ar inhibitors... can you take anything to balance testosterone and estrogen? A good diet, exercise and lignans (Flax SDG lignans or HMR lignans) might help here.

Also, Brian Simonis has put together a great regimen which tackles male pattern baldness in quite a different way. It deals with the problem from the ground up by looking at the common causes of it within the body, and on different factors other than just DHT levels. I have a fair number of the components in my regimen, but if you want more info just ask :)

Good luck man, and hope to hear from you soon - sorry again I went quiet!

Hoppi!

JWM

Reaction score
Skip the saw palmetto.

Supplements for better hair (NOT fighting hair loss, just healthier hair)

1) MSM
2) Biotin
3) Silica
4) Zinc
5) B Complex