Too many supplements dangerous for the liver?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to get an answer from someone...about this..
Is taking many vitamins/supplements dangerous for the liver?

For example: I'm taking: MSM 2000mg, Biotin 10000mg, Multivitamin, Green Tea extract, Zinc, Turmeric and a few more...

Anyone knows if such pills do any serious damage to the liver? if so anyways to prevent or clean the liver? I'm sure there are many of us who are taking much more supplements than this...

Thanks

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some supplements are harder on the liver than others. Combining too many of these supplements could accelerate liver damage. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Take milk thistle to protect your liver, and take occasional breaks from supplementation. Tumeric/Curcumin is also very good as a detoxifier and liver protectant.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
Some supplements are harder on the liver than others. Combining too many of these supplements could accelerate liver damage. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Take milk thistle to protect your liver, and take occasional breaks from supplementation. Tumeric/Curcumin is also very good as a detoxifier and liver protectant.

Thanks, im taking 450mg of milk thistle.... which is one capsule/day..I guess should be good enough...

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
LostWind said:
Hello,

I would like to get an answer from someone...about this..
Is taking many vitamins/supplements dangerous for the liver?

For example: I'm taking: MSM 2000mg, Biotin 10000mg, Multivitamin, Green Tea extract, Zinc, Turmeric and a few more...

Anyone knows if such pills do any serious damage to the liver? if so anyways to prevent or clean the liver? I'm sure there are many of us who are taking much more supplements than this...

Thanks

I think you meant 10mg of Biotin, and not 10g. Even at 10mg, this is a lot of Biotin. Zinc may be probable, but you'll see other effects beforehand.