Tooyng4this's Story - (Please HELP, Long hair what to do???)

tooyng4this

Reaction score
I am 23 year old male. I have a family history of hairloss, my grandfather and father, and my mother has very thin hair. Over the past two years my hair has gotten very thin on the front/top of my head. I have kept my hair long since I was sixteen so this is very distressing to me that I am begining to lose my hair. I was thinking about starting a regimen with rogaine foam but I dont know if I should just cut my hair short and start fresh when I start the regimen. I am lost, not really sure where to start so if any body has been in simular situation or just has suggestions I am open to all. Thank you.

Reaction score
tooyng4this said:
I am lost, not really sure where to start so if any body has been in simular situation or just has suggestions I am open to all. Thank you.

LOL.

I think EVERYONE on this forum has the same situation, which is why we are here on a hairloss forum.

If you took the time to read various stories you would have seen the typical treatment used by most here.

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketoconazole Shampoo

Rogaine alone won't stop your hairloss. The finasteride will help slow it down, the rogaine will grow hair, and the ketoconazole shampoo will act as a cleanser of sorts (I'm probably wrong.)

Caesar

Reaction score
I'd start with going to your dermatologist and getting a legitimate prescription for propecia, and then going to amazon and buying some 2% ketoconazole shampoo. In my opinion rogaine is just a growth stimulant that speeds the process up at the expense of another daily hassle to put up with.