Tooyoungs Story (17)

tooyoung2

Reaction score
The first time i noticed hair loss i must have been about 15-16, just losing a little at the front. Weird thing is, i don't "shed" i don't think. Only a couple of hair a day i lose and don't wake up with any in my pillow or many on the bottom of the shower.

Been on a "natural" aimed hairloss forum for around a year, despite not fully following a regimen my hair is getting worse.

Baring in mind my age and everything, what regimen do you guys suggest? i am hesitant in taking finasteride due to the side effects claims that last even when you stop, can you guys shed some light on this?

Thanks.

tooyoung2

Reaction score
Re: tooyoungs story (Now 17 years old)

harrrr.png

Got some pics, not the best quality, lighting or angles. But shows how much my hairline is going back. What do you guys suggest?

SunOfABeach

Reaction score

those pics are hard to compare and i can´t spot any recession. some people develop a mature hairline during their teens which is perfectly normal. given that you don´t even notice any hair in the sink or on your pillow, it´s save to say that you don´t have any hairloss problems yet.

go out and enjoy life.

Cassidy

Reaction score

Yeah man, don't panic. You've got a good hair line.

Keep an eye on it but don't obsess over it. I don't think you need any treatments.

tooyoung2

Reaction score

dsc00212v.jpg

Thats my crown. What's the difference between hair loss and maturing hairline?

SunOfABeach

Reaction score

Ok, that pic of your crown changed my mind. You DO have a problem. Since you´re only 17 I wouldn´t recommend taking finasteride. You don´t want to mess with your hormones when you´re still growing up. I´d give minoxidil a shot.

About the mature hairline:
As you mature, you develop a more curvier hairline. It just doesn´t stay as straight as it was during your childhood years. That´s it.

A real receding hairline is caused by DHT damaging the follicles.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/10/06/j ... th-photos/

tooyoung2

Reaction score

Ah, thanks for that link. :)

So you recommend minoxidil, anything else?