Topical EGCG

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read the post of Bryan, where 1mg of pure EGCG inhibited DHT at the recepter site at 97% in animals. What would be the right concentration of EGCG to use in a 55gr topical?

Thanks!

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the nanosomes, I care about the concentration :)

Bryan maybe?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of a topical do you plan on using it in?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a topical with nanosomal delivery to the follicels. But I want as much as possible since it's cheap and according to the study EGCG inhibited DHT at the recepter site at 97%. But I need to know how much I EGCG is right for humans and I want to be certain the EGCG is enough.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you're talking about one very specific means of delivery (nanosomes), and I have no idea how that would affect the requirements as far as concentration goes. Maybe Jacob ("Mr. Nanosome") will have a comment on that! :wink:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
When I've used topical EGCG myself in the past, I've just used a simple vehicle consisting of 50/50 Everclear/purified water (since EGCG is nicely water soluble), and added enough green tea extract to approach what appeared to be the solubility limit. That should be more than sufficient.

michael barry

Reaction score
Bryan,

Did you feel your homemade green tea topical was successful? Did it work for you?

It would seemingly be a great addition that folks could make themselves if it were.

Did you just buy powdered green tea extract and stir or liquid green tea and mix or did you boil etc.?

Something like this would be great. I think revivogen is an effective anti-androgenic topical, but its so oily......