Topical melatonin and caffeine -- anyone try this?

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read about both of these being used as topicals for hair loss, but not really sure how much solid evidence there is for each that they're effective. Anyone use topicals of either? Any success? Specific brands to look for?

shyguy

Reaction score
im taking 50mg of melatonin orally before bed each night..... I read that melatonin is a natural 5ar/dht inhibitor

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Why was my thread moved to another forum for the second damn time? This is ridiculous. Maybe the topics in this slower forums would get more responses if these slower forums didn't exist in the first place.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
shyguy said:
im taking 50mg of melatonin orally before bed each night..... I read that melatonin is a natural 5ar/dht inhibitor

You mean 5mg right? :shock:

Jacob

Reaction score
I've tried and am trying both. Can't say how they're helping- I use so many things. Besides caffeine itself..some of the extracts I use contain caffeine. Equisomin contains the melatonin.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
I use topical caffeine.. where it is doing anything I can't say

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rage said:
I use topical caffeine.. where it is doing anything I can't say

It's hard to accurately gauge results once you start using too many products. That's why I have only ever used one product at a time. But most people are way too impatient, and try the 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach. :)

Anyway, I started adding melatonin to my minoxidil last night, in the same amount as the study, just for the heck of it. And I'm considering buying some caffeine powder from Bulk Nutrition for a few bucks. Both are way too super cheap not to at least give a shot. What the hell. :)

shyguy

Reaction score
old baldy,

I am taking 50mg melatonin before bed eache night... I bought the LIfe Extensions 10mg capsules and use actually 30 -50 mg a night... I am getting very good sleep and awesome dreams... also I am taking injectable hgh as well and that has really increased my sex drive... I also just started on .25mg of finasteride every day (been taking 2 weeks and no sides yet)

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shyguy said:
old baldy,

I am taking 50mg melatonin before bed eache night... I bought the LIfe Extensions 10mg capsules and use actually 30 -50 mg a night... I am getting very good sleep and awesome dreams... also I am taking injectable hgh as well and that has really increased my sex drive... I also just started on .25mg of finasteride every day (been taking 2 weeks and no sides yet)

50mg is way too much. Between 1-3mg is the recommended dosage. I find with hormones a little bit goes a long way. And that includes DHEA and HGH etc. Just remember to take, as they call them, 'hormonal holidays.' Or periods of time where you're not supplementing with hormones. Otherwise, they can do more harm than good.

shyguy

Reaction score
with hgh your not supposed to cycle like steroids or testosterone replacement.... HGH (injectable needs to be run continuously for months or years..... a good strategy to run HGH is 5on /2off or 3on/1off or 6 on/ 1off....... I am running the 6/1....

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You totally missed my point about overdoing things. But in the end, it's your body, not mine.

Myself, I'm far more comfortable with inducing the release of natural hormones using exercise, amino acids and B3 etc., than with injecting synthetics. I bet it's a lot more safe and effective. It's also a heck of a lot cheaper.