Topical Saw Palmetto + Zinc

rcom440

Reaction score
Have anyone of you tried Topical Saw Palmetto???? If so what do you think about it? Do you believe it slows the hair loss?

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it but it's easy to make: just take a capsule, open it and put the powder in some liquid solution and try it onto your precious scalp. I wouldn't expect any result in short time tho...

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm take 2 capsules of Saw Palmetto twice a day as an alternative for Propecia, nothing really to report to be honest. But I believe it does help a bit.

rcom440

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about topical that contains Distilled water; Polysorbate 20; Azelaic Acid; Zinc Acetate Hydrate; Niacin; Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate); Saw Palmetto extract (serenoa repens); Ginkgo Biloba.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
I was actually thinking about topical that contains Distilled water; Polysorbate 20; Azelaic Acid; Zinc Acetate Hydrate; Niacin; Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate); Saw Palmetto extract (serenoa repens); Ginkgo Biloba.
Your basically talking about Spectral DNC-L aren't you??? Thats same ingredients in topical.

rcom440

Reaction score
but What about Today said:
rcom440 said:
Your basically talking about Spectral DNC-L aren't you??? Thats same ingredients in topical.

No.
I was talking about Crinagen.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never read anything positive about Crinagen. Haven't seen it in any veterans regimens either.....that should tell you something.

Do a search in here ... if memory serves, Michael barry said he tested some Crinagen and caused inflammation.

If you are interested in SP, why not do the topical yourself? you could probably do it cheaper, fresher and much more concentrated. Buy some liquid standardized saw palmetto caps, add some other essential oils to the mix if you want. grape seed oil or olive oil as carriers.

rcom440

Reaction score
patagonia said:
I've never read anything positive about Crinagen. Haven't seen it in any veterans regimens either.....that should tell you something.

Do a search in here ... if memory serves, Michael barry said he tested some Crinagen and caused inflammation.

If you are interested in SP, why not do the topical yourself? you could probably do it cheaper, fresher and much more concentrated. Buy some liquid standardized saw palmetto caps, add some other essential oils to the mix if you want. grape seed oil or olive oil as carriers.

Michael Barry? I would be careful with what people who have several nicknames has to say.

rcom440

Reaction score
He's been posting on hair loss forum under several different names.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
He's been posting on hair loss forum under several different names.

Oh! thanks for the alert chief! I`ll keep away from reading posts by veterans like him who actually know what their talking about.

JWM

Reaction score
rcom440

Been around these forums forever.

Never seen a good word about Crinagen. I would give it a skip.

If you are looking to try topical saw palmetto and zinc I would look into SuperZix. It has a much better track record; you can make it yourself for pennies; and it is cosmetically friendly.

I use a variant of it from time to time, and at the very least it really soothes the scalp. Some have reported excellent growth and thickening from it.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, with all that stuff, crinnagen is basically spray and pray, huh?
Even if some of the ingredients might have an effect on hair loss, there´s no telling if the compounds are stable or if the ingredients react with each other.

When it comes to saw palmetto, I have only come across ONE study done on hairloss, and that was with oral treatment (I have posted about this before.) Basically, the results of the study was that 6 out of 10 showed improvement, whatever that means.
The study was promising, but too small to give any really good indicators to wether saw palmetto is a GOOD hair loss remedy or not.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I was in USA recently I picked up Vita Base's hair support liquid. (I've not seen it sold in the UK)

It's ingredients are

Vitamin C 250 mg 416% Saw Palmetto Extract * Copper (Gluconate) 1.5 mg 133% Zinc (Chelate) 20 mg 417% Thiamine (B-1) 6 mg 400% Riboflavin (B-2) 15 mg 882% Niacin (B-3) 15 mg 75% Pantothenic Acid (B-5) 30 mg 300% Pyridoxine (B-6) 15 mg 750% Pyridoxal (B-6) 25 mg 1250% Cyanocobalamin (B-12) 60 mcg 1000% Folic Acid 225 mcg 56% Lecithin (Soy) * Proprietary Blend (Nettle Leaf, Horsetail [7% Silica], Inositol, Biotin, MSM, Ginkgo Biloba 24%/6%, Burdock Root, Parsley, Raw Thymus Concentrate) *

It's fairly pricey on Vitabase's website, the cheapest place I've seen it is

http://directvitaminshop.com/index....ufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

It may be in my head, but I think my hair looks better (I went came back from USA 3 months ago). I'm also taking some of the great hair tablets Vitabase sell, and 0.25mg finasteride (I'd only seen continued slow deterioration from finasteride though)