Topical spironolactone - Causes Gynae or any other problems?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nope

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes it is quite possible. I have heard reports of increased breast size while on spironolactone.

viperfish

Reaction score
Nope people who applied it topically. Now the chances of that happening are very very slim. No worries with using it and I'm not trying to scare anyone.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you link me to these?

G

As prologue to this question, I just want to assure everyone I've read the spironolactone thread from beginning to end.

That being said, have any of you--i.e., those in this thread--had any success with spironolactone? What're your experiences? I'm on Revivogen and in about a month and a half am going to discontinue propecia, since that will have made a year I've been on it and it's done nothing. I don't think I'll feel comfortable, though, just using Revivogen, and want to add something to take up the slack.

G

OK, keep us posted. I'm also wondering whether I should combine Rev & spironolactone or Rev & Prophixen; I believe prophixen has spironolactone in it.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Nope people who applied it topically. Now the chances of that happening are very very slim. No worries with using it and I'm not trying to scare anyone.

This is true. Ketoconazole has also been linked to gyno as well. Strangely, my gyno always acted up after using nizoral 2%. Not to scare anyone but these things can and do happen.

baller292

Reaction score
Never heard of gyno, aka male breast enlargement, from TOPICAL spironolactone or keto, aka nizoral. If spironolactone is taken orally, as in a prescription for something (don't remember what it was originally intended for) it can cause this side effect but I believe it would be extremely rare to cause it if used only topically. I've used topical 5% for several months and haven't had any sides, but i think the boobies would be fun to play with:)