Toppik Questions

Reaction score
These questions have probably been asked a thousand times, but let's make it 1,001. I have a a bunch of little brown hairs along my old hairline in my temples that won't grow terribly long. They create a bit of a "shadow" look as to where my old hairline was from afar. I think that I could make it look decent with a little bit of Toppik.

I hate when people post multiple questions like this in a message, but here goes:

1. Does toppik work well in the front/temples? Some people say no, some people (like my hairstylist) say yes.
2. Does toppik come off with sweat? (i.e., could I wear it while playing sports without a problem?)
3. How long does a $20 supply last?
4. Is there anything else that I should know about it before I begin to use it?

Any answers to any of these questions or any other thoughts would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks,

MW.

SpecialK

Reaction score
1. I think it works decent in the front, though you have to be careful how much you apply because it may look un natural.

2.I go to the gym a lot while have the toppik on and have never noticed a problem.

3.I use a fair amount to cover my whole diffuse thinning area and it lasts me about 1 1/2 months.

4. nothing I can think of, other than I really like the product.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
1. depends on how thin you are in the front. For me it's worthless in the front. It's also easily detectable in outside light.

2. don't know

3. Depends on how much you use. If you only need a little bit it'll probably last you 3-4 months with the small bottle

4. yes...the light brown is more red than brown.

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
1. depends on how thin you are in the front. For me it's worthless in the front. It's also easily detectable in outside light.

How is it easily detectable in outside light? What exactly do you mean by this?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Exactly what i said....I actually just tried it again today. I put the smallest amount on my hairline and brought a small mirror to a room in the house that has sunlight shining in, and it looked like sawdust and/or dirt in my hair and on my scalp....It's very noticealbe if your hairline is pretty thin like mine. It was undetectable in my bathroom lighting but I was pretty shocked to see how detectable it was in real light.