TOPPIK?

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Hello

Has anyone used toppik? the stuff that helps people with thinning hair. Does anyone know where to get it in Canada? Any assisttance would be much appreciated.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
The visual results of prothik are remarkable. Hard to believe hair in a can can look so natural. Also stays on while swimming. However it feels extremely fake to the touch so if you're in any situation where your hair is going to get touched you can't use it.

Looks good though.

MH

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Prothik. What is it, like a spraypaint? Courve is different. It is a colored gooey substance that is supposed to color the scalp. In my opinion, it is not a good idea to use that unless your hairloss is rather mild. You can really see it-believe me. If you have thinner, vellous hair, you can try this. Take some courve and spread a very small amount on a fine tooth comb. Then comb back through the hair, being careful not to get any on the scalp. You will be surprised too see a once bare area, now covered with thicker, darker hair. Believe me- this works.

Toppik is OK. I think it is detectable is overused or the color is mis-matched.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Prothik comes comes in a big aerosol bottle. I gave it a try because of basketballhead's constant reccomendations. I don't know how it works... but it ends up solidifying and it looks like real hair. I checked it on the crown with two mirrors in my bathroom as close as I could get to the wall mirror and it even manages to go with the swirls naturally. Pretty crazy. I would describe the texture as rough and fake to the touch. Feels unnatural.

Couvre works great on the crown and I would imagine the rest of the top of the head if you are diffuse. Don't try to put it on a genuine bald spot(bigger than a nickel i guess) though I'm sure that would look bad.

Toppik is more subtle despite the dramatic pictures on the toppik page. It's hard to believe they actually use those pics they can't be from toppik. I always sprinkle a bit on my head for good measure though. Moderation is key though it is certainly a colored powder and looks as such in large quantities- it will come off if you touch it when you've put too much on.

MH

kisstopherp

Reaction score
WHICH IS BETTER?

My hair is thining evenly on the top of my head and I have no bald spots, ( there is considerable hair on my crown) therefore which is better to use under these circumstances prothick or toppik?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
toppik is good sh*t. I used it before the big 3 allowed me to get my hair back into shape to where I don't need it anymore.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that when you first apply prothik it feels a bit rough as if you've sprayed half a can of hair spray on your head. However, if you comb it through or pat it down with water it leaves your hair feeling very natural.

I use dermmatch and prothik in combination with amazing results...

If you have diffuse thinning or a bald spot on the crown then you need to buy prothik right now. If you have substantial recession I would not recommend dermmatch but prothik will thicken up the remainder of your hair.

I cant say enough about this product...