Tpower1024's Story - (20/receding..Big 3 -OR- Rev, S5, Min)

tpower1024

Reaction score
I have been using Propecia for 6 months with decent success, I haven't lost any additional hair and have had minor regrowth.

Been considering switching to an only topical routine of S5, minoxidil, & Revivogen.

I used Revivogen last year before starting Propecia with decent success, but it's such a pain in the a$$ I decided to go with finasteride.

I was pretty set on switching back because I had some mild, but bothering side effects: weak erections & increased belly fat were the most notable.

Now I think I'm going to give it a bit longer and decrease the dose.

Before I was on 1mg Propecia, now I got the new $9, 30 pill, 5mg, finasteride from walmart. I think I'm going to try and split them into 8ths for a dose of .625 mg and see if my sides decrease with keeping the hair loss benefits.

Looking back I can't believe I was paying for name brand Propecia, I went from paying $87 a month to $1 and 12 1/2 cents . . . crazy.

Along with the Propecia I have been applying Kirkland minoxidil & Folligen at night. Now I think I will go straight Big 3, with twice a day application of minoxidil and 2-3 times a week of nizoral, and .625 of finasteride daily.

Attachments

• 190.JPG
    190.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 192.JPG
    192.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 194.JPG
    194.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 199.JPG
    199.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 175

tpower1024

Reaction score
Re: tpower1024's story - (20/receding)(Big 3 -OR- Rev, S5, Min)

Styled

Attachments

• 188.JPG
    188.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 187.JPG
    187.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 189
Reaction score
Nice on the success with finasteride! I have pretty similar hair to yours, color, type of loss etc so it's nice to see someone like me having decent results. :) Your hair loss is also undetectable when it's styled, you have great hair.

Nothing to add really, just thought I'd say congrats and here's hoping you have continued success. :D

tpower1024

Reaction score
Thanks man, success to you as well.

One additional side effect that is concerning me about finasteride is if it impairs cognitive function. I'm in school, in a fairly demanding field.

This last semester I started to notice that I was having a little trouble with some things. Mainly spelling, I found myself second guessing myself and having to pause before writing down words. I'm not sure about this because I still got good grades, at a good university. It could be more due to technology and "spell-check" down grading day-to-day education. Since most of my writing is on computers.

Does anyone have any input on this, or point me in the direction of any clinical trials that have tested this . . . ?

Thanks