TPSReports's Story

TPSReports

Reaction score
Hi all, recently i've began to notice my bangs thinning near the temple region of my head and my hair seems to be falling out much more frequently than normal. I'm currently 19 years old and have always had very thick hair. I never noticed my receding hairline until this year, mainly due to the fact that i styled my hair long and it appeared to be thick on the outside. Anways im wondering whether or not the thinning of my bangs and receding hairline could be the onset of male pattern baldness or just the maturing of my hairline. Thanks

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0463-1.jpg

Not sure if this is some kind of balding spot or just the way my hair naturally does:
IMG_0458.jpg

Thining bangs:
IMG_0456-1.jpg

IMG_0450-1.jpg

My bangs combed straight:
IMG_0454-1.jpg

I also should note that in terms of my hairline, the center of my hairline touches the top of my highest brow rinkle, its just the temples that are receding.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: male pattern baldness or Maturing of Hairline (Pics Included)

It could just be a maturing hairline. A lot of guys recede a bit when they're around your age.

That being said, keep an eye on it and see if it starts to get worse over time.

Don't go f*****g around with any meds yet though.

TPSReports

Reaction score
Re: male pattern baldness or Maturing of Hairline (Pics Included)

Thanks, It probably has a lot to do with this social anxiety thing or something i picked up recently, i always seem to find something wrong in my life no matter how insignificant and worry about it like crazy haha. Honestly if it ever came down to it being male pattern baldness i would probably just say f*ck it and shave it all off and get a nice tan on my head, keep a 5 o clock shadow type of beard and go about my day lol, i think that would work out pretty nice. I wouldn't have to worry about wasting time trying to wash my hair every morning and let it dry and stuff.

cuebald

Reaction score
alright pete

what's your family history of male pattern baldness? is your father bald?

TPSReports

Reaction score
Fathers bald, Father's Father has full head of hair at age 82, mother's father started balding on top of his head in his 50's, mothers brother's both have full head of hair at age 24 and 40. If it makes a difference, my father always had thin straight hair growing up and I have thick curly hair. Im only concerned about going bald before i get married really or age 40ish, if i make it to mid 30's/40 without going completely bald ill be happy lol.