Training yourself not to care?

Reaction score
Even tho I'm about to start the big 3 in the last few months hair hair hair has been obsessivly on my mind 24-7 and I'm getting very tired of thinking about it. I long for the time where I only thought about it as I was gelling it in the morning.

Anyone out there know ways of just...forgetting it, even as you do the treatment? or for those that don't do any?

Will I just get sick of thinkin about it after a while and stop on my own?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Paramount-Ireland said:
Even tho I'm about to start the big 3 in the last few months hair hair hair has been obsessivly on my mind 24-7 and I'm getting very tired of thinking about it. I long for the time where I only thought about it as I was gelling it in the morning.

Anyone out there know ways of just...forgetting it, even as you do the treatment? or for those that don't do any?

Will I just get sick of thinkin about it after a while and stop on my own?

I think about it alot less now since I started the big 3. Or I should say, I worry about it less.

antonio666

Reaction score
why worry, because it is human nature to worry,worry does not change the outcome of anything but you will still worry.

going bald is a terrible thing eats you up ,can't think of anything else.

and best of all we get to watch it dissappear in front of our very eyes

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found that the greivance stopped once I'd started treatment and began to notice that they worked, the time spent thinking about it became more productive and hopeful.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah starting treatments helped me alot. for a couple of months i didn't feel any better because my hair looked worse, but at the first signs of new hair growth i instantly felt better about it.

now i only think about my hair when i'm styling it or when applying rogaine. my hair does not look perfect, but not everyones hair is perfect so who cares. you look better when you don't have a whole bunch of insecurities hanging over you, weighing your shoulders down, the corners of your eyes down, the corners of your mouth...down.

being happy and enthusiastic can make hair loss seem pretty silly.

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
Antonio, that is a really good reply, I told you off big time in your other post because of your whining,, but you're right on target this time.

Worry is sh*t.

It will happen REGARDLESS. You can either train yourself not to care, or you will suffer.

MAKING THIS CHOICE IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Reaction score
Ok well orderd the foam, got nizorol and have toppik should the shedding phase prove difficult.

My thinking now is to distract when I start to worry about it, but overall, Im gonna start treatment and then not care, clearly I hope it works, but am setting up my mind not to care regardless. Thus avoiding months of worry as treatment is ongoing and if it doens't work I won't have pinned my entire existance on three products.

It's not easy to do but getting easier to forget about it every day, you just f*****g start to burn out and get sick thinking about it.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Bloneguy, for a guy who doesn't worry about it, you sure spend a lot of time on this site.

He is still part of the balding brotherhood for life. Besides this forum is very interesting. Never a dull moment..

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
I know one way to stop worrying about it...

I can always do that in the future if the stuff in not effective on me, but for the moment stickin with this plan.
Also plan to only come here once a week to read and update mystory page, less I think about it the better.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I try not to worry about it and most of the time I don't. I try and focus on my other qualities that women may find attractive.