Tranquil's Story - (18 / years old and balding)

tranquil

Reaction score
I'm 18 years old and for the last year and a half or so I've noticed considerable thinning and loss in the crown area of my head (as well as minor thinning on the top). It's come to the point where I really can't cover the area anymore. My current hairstyle is short in the front area and long in the back with a line partition on the top, toward the back of my head. Because of the long hair at the back, I'm able to mostly cover up the balding area but it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so. The partition in the hair has also become really large so that people taller than me or those passing by when I'm seated somewhere can visibly see a large bald/thin area. I assume this is because of male pattern baldness because it runs in the family. My father's side has a strong history of balding (he himself is completely bald aside from the back of his head) and half of my mother's side has the issue as well. My question is if Propecia and/or Rogaine are good options for me at this young age? And if they are, how effective are they and will I be able to use these Nanogen Hair Building Fibers that I've ordered recently alongside them? I just recently ordered the fibers and have yet to try them. What are the chances that this can be treated? I'm just entering college and the last thing I want is a girl turning me down simply because of my premature balding problem. My confidence is virtually non-existent right now because of this.

I have some images attached.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 234
  • left.JPG
    left.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 206
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 221

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
What is your daily diet?

Your hair looks extremely greasy!!!!!!!

I suggest you look at tackling this hair problem as well.

What are you using to wash your hair? Your hair styling products?
Your daily food intake? Fish? Curry? Spices? MSG??????

Minoxidil will grow some of the hair back on that grown! The liquid is a pain in the backside to apply. Some people swear on the foam! If you can get it! Try it!

To keep the rest of the hair! Try propecia! Works.

Lastly! Cut that hair! It's toooooo long! Use a decent shampoo! You need to control that oily head of yours! Blocking the pores!!!