Transplant Advice Going To Turkey, Pics Included Thanks

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've decided I don't want to wait any longer for new treatments to suddenly emerge, and would like to go down the transplant route. I'll be 26 in September, always had a high hairline but probably noticed hairlosee at 19. Currently on minoxidil 5% , nizoral shampoo once a week also Voltaren on the hairline because it eases the slight pain irritation I have there. Tried finasteride few years ago, had erection issues after 1 month, stopped immediately, luckily it wasn't permanent.

I've decided Turkey(FUE) since it seems to be the best value for money. Still undecided on which surgeon to pursue, but after checking results here, on youtube & ISHRS I've kind of narrowed it down slightly..

Demirsoy - Low price, seems to have good results
********* - Great reputation, but recently seems to be all negative so I'm thinking no for this one
Erdogan - Slightly more expensive, doesn't show on ISHRS? Over quotes grafts? Excellent results however
Cinik - Low price - good results

I'm currently around NW2.5 - NW3 , I only want my hairline restored to NW1.5 - NW2 because I just comb it forward anyway, as in a couple pics below. I'm thinking 2000 grafts should be good? No crown loss.

So advice would be much appreciated! Especially from those who have been through it @Assemblage23 , @Swoop , @shookwun , @Wolf Pack , @Dench57

Also I'm travelling from New Zealand (24 hour flight?) and the timezones are an issue, would the clinic liaise with me to ensure we meet at the correct time & date in Turkey?

Pics are in harsh light too btw, I usually wrinkle my forehead out of habit, brings hairline slightly forward lol

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,152
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,083
  • hair5.jpg
    hair5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,166

shookwun

Reaction score
your airlines automatically convert times when showing departure and arrival times.

I would consider Dr Ozgun, almost all the work he does himself with exception to graft sorting and assistance on extractions, and implantation.

he's a bit pricier, but you are in good hands. I have seen good work from cinic, but have read mixed reviews on both dogany, and demirsoy.

Erdogan is good also, but you need to remember he doesn't do the work. it's the techs, he does incisions, and that's about it. A lot of these results you see over at HTN are all cherry picked with people who have exceptional donors.

I would stay clear of any clinic where the doctor supervises but doesn't actually do mos the work himself. these are questions you need to ask during consultations, and emails with the patient advisor. What exactly is the doctors, and technicians role during the surgery?

these surgeries are not like North America, if you get a bad result you are screwed, and will need to live with it. I dont even think any turkish clinics are covered by malpractice insurance let alone know what that is. It's important to weight all the pros, and cons.

\between 2000-3000 grafts, Could benefit from 1cm hairline lowering.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK thanks @shookwun I will be sure to enquire about the doctor's role in the surgery.

Also did you mean Dr Oztan? I couldn't find Ozgun

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have much knowledge on Dr Ekram Civas? His name popped up

shookwun

Reaction score
This is exaclty my case too... Cannot decide between HLC (Ozgur) or Asmed (Erdogan). At HLC, surgeon perform most of the work, while Asmed is all about techs with Erdogan doing only incisions.

Do not know who to pick for a 2500 graft hair transplant in the frontal region....

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Both are good, but I believe Asmed is a typical salesman.

Anyone can appear good when there pumping out all there best transplants every few days on HTN. it gives the perception that these surgeons are the best at what they do. Exactly what Hakan used to do, look where that turned towards. Former patient advise confessed that he was re-using surgical instruments on patients, & sharpening them to avoid additional costs. All while sacrificing the safety, and health of the patient.

in my opinion, any clinic that has there technicians do all the work should be avoided. Having your technicians assist in the work load is one thing, but sticking incisions in then letting your technicians do the rest of the work while you bounce between patients is absolute bullshit. it's common practice to have the technicians assist in implantation, and possibly harvesting, but to have them to all implantation, and harvesting is a red flag.

Asmed, can be a hit or miss. I do believe Ozgur is more credible, but I leave that up to you to decide.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've decided I don't want to wait any longer for new treatments to suddenly emerge, and would like to go down the transplant route. I'll be 26 in September, always had a high hairline but probably noticed hairlosee at 19. Currently on minoxidil 5% , nizoral shampoo once a week also Voltaren on the hairline because it eases the slight pain irritation I have there. Tried finasteride few years ago, had erection issues after 1 month, stopped immediately, luckily it wasn't permanent.

I've decided Turkey(FUE) since it seems to be the best value for money. Still undecided on which surgeon to pursue, but after checking results here, on youtube & ISHRS I've kind of narrowed it down slightly..

********* - Great reputation, but recently seems to be all negative so I'm thinking no for this one
Erdogan - Slightly more expensive, doesn't show on ISHRS? Over quotes grafts? Excellent results however

I'm currently around NW2.5 - NW3 , I only want my hairline restored to NW1.5 - NW2 because I just comb it forward anyway, as in a couple pics below. I'm thinking 2000 grafts should be good? No crown loss.

So advice would be much appreciated! Especially from those who have been through it @Assemblage23 , @Swoop , @shookwun , @Wolf Pack , @Dench57

Also I'm travelling from New Zealand (24 hour flight?) and the timezones are an issue, would the clinic liaise with me to ensure we meet at the correct time & date in Turkey?

Pics are in harsh light too btw, I usually wrinkle my forehead out of habit, brings hairline slightly forward lol

You're already NW2 or less, not NW3. I wouldn't lower that, I'd just reinforce it.

idk, that looks a bit high to me, although I can't say for sure without seeing the tops of the eyebrows, and where they stand from the hairline

also looks like you might benefit from the creation of temple points? Although it's difficult to tell from those pics exactly where they are

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Both are good, but I believe Asmed is a typical salesman.

Anyone can appear good when there pumping out all there best transplants every few days on HTN. it gives the perception that these surgeons are the best at what they do. Exactly what Hakan used to do, look where that turned towards. Former patient advise confessed that he was re-using surgical instruments on patients, & sharpening them to avoid additional costs. All while sacrificing the safety, and health of the patient.

in my opinion, any clinic that has there technicians do all the work should be avoided. Having your technicians assist in the work load is one thing, but sticking incisions in then letting your technicians do the rest of the work while you bounce between patients is absolute bullshit. it's common practice to have the technicians assist in implantation, and possibly harvesting, but to have them to all implantation, and harvesting is a red flag.

Asmed, can be a hit or miss. I do believe Ozgur is more credible, but I leave that up to you to decide.

You just read my mind, thanks mate a lot. Will contact Ozgur in a couple of weeks to plan a surgery for September.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Really? Asmed has one of the most consistent and credible track records I've seen, certainly in Turkey anyway. I think I have seen 1 subpar result out of maybe 50 patient-posted stories. Agree that clinics will only post cherry-picked results, and those will show you the "ceiling" of what they're capable of. You should trawl through as many patient-posted results as possible when considering a surgeon. Almost all the patient stories from Asmed I've seen show the same high standard of work. Their hairlines especially. A lot of their techs will be just as good as a surgeon from another clinic who does everything himself. Erdogan certainly knows how to market though and they do overuse grafts to achieve their density.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Asmed has one of the most consistent and credible track records I've seen, certainly in Turkey anyway. I think I have seen 1 subpar result out of maybe 50 patient-posted stories. Agree that clinics will only post cherry-picked results, and those will show you the "ceiling" of what they're capable of. You should trawl through as many patient-posted results as possible when considering a surgeon. Almost all the patient stories from Asmed I've seen show the same high standard of work. Their hairlines especially. A lot of their techs will be just as good as a surgeon from another clinic who does everything himself. Erdogan certainly knows how to market though and they do overuse grafts to achieve their density.

When making my choice to go to ASMED, I spent about six months researching doctors and for FUE there wasn't a single doctor I found that had as many good results in terms of a dense packed and less conservative approach. I probably looked at over 500 Erdogan procedures from both forum goers and ASMED posts, and 80% were incredible, 19% were good, and maybe 1% were bad. Genuinely I spent probably a hundred hours researching doctors and results from both forum and clinic info, and I didn't find a single forum poster who claimed they were disappointed. There are plenty of examples online where he has taken over 5000 grafts from a relatively thin donor area with fine, blonde hair and still achieved a very aesthetically pleasing result with no visible scarring.

Lupanzula and a number of others have been achieving results of a similar standard in FUE, but I found that none have the level of documentation and track record on forums as Erdogan. If anyone has A SINGLE example of someone from any forum ever who said they had a bad experience with ASMED I'd be interested in seeing it.

Ozgur only does 1000-1500 grafts per day because of his choice to do everything himself, drastically putting up the price and wasting a lot of your time. There is also far less documentation from forum goers of his results and the service offered by the clinic. None of his hairlines look as aesthetic as Erdogan's from even the results he showcases on his clinics website. I appreciate that it's a bit upsetting to think Erdogan is flipping between multiple patients at a time and that techs on $800 a month are doing the majority of the work, but at the end of the day hair transplantation is about AESTHETICS, and Erdogan's are just plain better.

Last edited:

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
why you want to wait so long?

Because, I had a hair transplant with the local surgeon last September to reinforce my temples (about 800 grafts). hair transplant was successful, but the surgeon does not do dense packing and so I cannot decide between Ozgur and Erdogan for my next hair transplant.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant feels like playing Russian roulette though I guess its the same with any type of surgery

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
When making my choice to go to ASMED, I spent about six months researching doctors and for FUE there wasn't a single doctor I found that had as many good results in terms of a dense packed and less conservative approach. I probably looked at over 500 Erdogan procedures from both forum goers and ASMED posts, and 80% were incredible, 19% were good, and maybe 1% were bad. Genuinely I spent probably a hundred hours researching doctors and results from both forum and clinic info, and I didn't find a single forum poster who claimed they were disappointed. There are plenty of examples online where he has taken over 5000 grafts from a relatively thin donor area with fine, blonde hair and still achieved a very aesthetically pleasing result with no visible scarring.

Lupanzula and a number of others have been achieving results of a similar standard in FUE, but I found that none have the level of documentation and track record on forums as Erdogan. If anyone has A SINGLE example of someone from any forum ever who said they had a bad experience with ASMED I'd be interested in seeing it.

Ozgur only does 1000-1500 grafts per day because of his choice to do everything himself, drastically putting up the price and wasting a lot of your time. There is also far less documentation from forum goers of his results and the service offered by the clinic. None of his hairlines look as aesthetic as Erdogan's from even the results he showcases on his clinics website. I appreciate that it's a bit upsetting to think Erdogan is flipping between multiple patients at a time and that techs on $800 a month are doing the majority of the work, but at the end of the day hair transplantation is about AESTHETICS, and Erdogan's are just plain better.

Good to hear that ur hair transplant was successful :).. I am interested in hearing more about Asmed for sure. I also spent plenty of hours doing my research. How many grafts did you get ?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear that ur hair transplant was successful :).. I am interested in hearing more about Asmed for sure. I also spent plenty of hours doing my research. How many grafts did you get ?

Haven't done it yet, getting it April 11th with 3200 grafts, possibly more if I try to fill in some temple points. The wait is physically hurting me right now.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't done it yet, getting it April 11th with 3200 grafts, possibly more if I try to fill in some temple points. The wait is physically hurting me right now.

I know what you mean, but it is great news that you are gonna get it done. Would you then share your experience with us ? :) as it would certainly help me and other guys too. Also the next 3 months after your hair transplant are gonna be bad :/ ugly duckling phase, gosh I hate it soo much, but then it gets only better and better.

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,