Transplant For Future Hairloss ? Can It Be Done

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys i am wondering you can transplant beyond your norwood. An example if you are a solid norwood 2.5 and you want to get the norwood 3 or norwood 4 area filled can you do this even though theres no resscssion. One more question if you get a norwood 1 hairline done. At what stage does it mean you cant fill the head area anymore norwood 6 ?

RobertBBrown

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair transplant 2 years ago and have been to the doctor for a final checkup of the results and surprisingly I did not bald any further than to the point I had my hair transpantation at (age of 30).
The doctor said he would now say to rather make a second transplantation to fill up the hairline than waiting how it will develop in the areas where I didn't had a transplantation. He also said it's very different how it develops so focus on your current situation and after that see how the situation develops.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and i yes that does sound right. I mean if your a 2.5 then you might was get the rest of the norwood 3 done that way even if it did progress passed the nw2.5 area you would be fine and not only that but meds can help as it would be focusing only on the crown for regrowth.
I had my hair transplant 2 years ago and have been to the doctor for a final checkup of the results and surprisingly I did not bald any further than to the point I had my hair transpantation at (age of 30).
The doctor said he would now say to rather make a second transplantation to fill up the hairline than waiting how it will develop in the areas where I didn't had a transplantation. He also said it's very different how it develops so focus on your current situation and after that see how the situation develops.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can technically do that, but only one Norwood level further. You can't predict your hair loss pattern and I wouldn't recommend trying it because it can't be changed after
Yes that makes more sense in my opinion

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me personally if i do get to a norwood 2.5 then i would ask for a 1.5 in between norwood 1 and 2. I wouldnt ask for full on straight hairline or a zayn malik hairline