Transplant with Dr Feller

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am planning to finally go under the knife this summer.
For now I want to do just the crown, the reason being is that I do not want to shave my head and Dr Fuller said he can do a FUE without shaving.
Anyone had experience with that?
How long will the operation be noticeable ? I am wondering whether I should do it right before my summer leave.

Also just to note: I do not shave my head because I have a weird hair that stands up at first (even when I was young) even though Docs told me my hair is relatively thick (the DHT resistant one). As a matter of fact if my hair did not stick up i might not have needed a hair transplant but i am one of those where thinning/hair loss becomes ugly pretty quickly.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Transplant with Dr Fuller

hello ? some comments would be very helpful

amsch

Reaction score

Hey there! Never heard of Dr. Fuller!

However, for hair transplant questions I'd look into the hairtransplantnetwork.com forums!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Maybe he meant Feller. Typo? :dunno:

amsch

Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
Maybe he meant Feller. Typo? :dunno:
Twice? ;)
I already thought he meant feller, however if a Dr. Fuller would really exist it wouldn't look nice.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ai do apologize it is FELLER indeed. Fuller was a Freudian lapsus for wanting Fuller hair.

Now that it is a Doctor that you know can you please tell me what do you think ?

Plus: I am starting to have second thoughts. I felt Feller is too conservative for me. In the sense that I felt he doesb't like transplants in mildly bald areas. He was saying he will fill the most bald areas in my crown and that will give me a decent look. Do you have any suggestion about an aggressive doctor that is good ? You are going to say Armani is the one for me ?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would look into Rahal. For strip, he is excellent. For FUE, then Feller. You have to be careful transplanting in mildly thin areas because you have a higher chance to get shock loss. I went to Epstein and he was honest and told me not to transplant in a mildly thin area because I have a high chance of shock loss and then my hair is going to look horribly worse than before the transplant. If the area is not ready for transplantation then you have to wait. Its a good thing I listened to him because I went back on minoxidil twice per day and my thinning areas seem better now. I don't need a transplant anymore now.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. We are still talking about shock loss why many doctors are doing dense packing of previously thinning area.

I really want to get some opinions on this. What I have now in an area in my crown (not all of it) is very bad quality (body-hair like) thinning hair (I guess it's from minoxidil. It's ugly and would not mind not having it. But can't I transplant hair there AND in some thinning areas on my scalp.

My understanding was that the bad quality hair - the one we were going to lose anyway - is the one that will fall.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds quite similar to what I am experiencing. I don't have a bald patch but a large area with much thinner, whispy hair, probably due to minoxidil/finasteride.

I don't intend to fill this area completely because I currently buzz my head and am comfortable with this, and so I don't want scars which would come from strip (which would be the only way to totally fill it really), and I also don't want to use up much donor now as I'm only 24 (25 in Jan).

I just want to reduce the size of it! Where the area begins that looks thin, put grafts in. I don't mind having a small bald patch - I'd prefer not to but it's not the end of the World. I just don't want it looking quite so large!

I was hopimg Feller was the one. Perhaps he still is, the areas with hair are actually more in the centre of the circle' and I'd just want the outside filled in.