Travel plans

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Considering that most people here recommend going to the US (given you don't live there of course) to get a hair transplant that is properly and professionally done, I was just wondering how does one go about it? I've been looking into the forums and despite the many posted good results and pics from such clinincs, I'm missing a few "practical" details. I was wondering how you did such things like the consultation prior to surgery, the post-op checkup etc, living quarters etc.

I live in Europe, Sweden, and comparing prices it's actually cheaper to buy a plane ticket to NY(e.g. Dr Feller) and have it done there, than to go to a clinic in Stockholm (Dr. Ilter) with less certain results done here.

So again, how did you do it? Multiple travels to the US? Stayed in the US for a two week vacation? Had the stitches and such checked somewhere else? Had a consultation in the UK maybe? Sent detailed pictures to the clinic of interest? (My eyes are set on Feller).

Thanx!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most UK patients would have met up with Spex (Dr Fellers UK representitive) and sent photos to Dr Feller.
Feller uses staples not stitches, you can probably get them removed at any Dr surgery, but there is also the option of removing them at home (well getting a friend or relative to do it). You will be given a special staple remover to do it, and honestly its easy I had my sister do it on both occasions and it takes 5 minutes.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Ah cool, i was wondering about that...can you do it yourself?

Maybe sending an email to Dr Feller through his website Bash... He has hotels recommended for you to stay in that are close to his surgery, with some offering discount. I've just paid a deposit of $1500 to confirm my transplant on the 26th January 2009, can't wait and i wish it was sooner :)

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the input guys :), but it's still unclear what I have to do to make things work but it's shaping up. Looks like it's gonna be something like this: Travel to the uk for a consultation, travel back home, book a time, travel to the US several months later, have the transplant, stay for 10 days in the US, return for post-op check up, and finally...go back home hoping for the best. Phew...that ought to be one hell of a ride, not to mention expensive. Any other tips, and I like any european interested in US transplants are likely to be greatful.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey bash,

You can send your pictures directly to Feller's clinic, but i would recommend getting in touch with spex at spex@aol.com, but first check out his website for more info, this guy can help direct you on the right path, WWW.HAIR-HELP.CO.UK

He is a representative for Dr Feller after having work done by him, but he has used others and is not a salesman and can give you advice in general.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Just to add!

www.PB-Hair.co.uk

This website is good for H/T info and friendly posters who give good unbiased opinions. Spex can be found posting here as well

All the best!