travelling and hair loss

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i am going backpacking through europe come may and i am worried about how male pattern baldness will hold me back. right now i'd say things are going alright...but that's under MY routine. i need time after my showers to make my hair look right...i need time to apply revivogen before bed and know that i can have a shower in the morning. i have to worry about other things too...like my Seborrhea dermatitis coming back. i have it under control now but without showering everyday it comes back quick. i also have to think about hair length...it's at the perfect length right now so i have to bring my clippers and stuff. any guys with this kind of experience and how male pattern baldness held them back and what they did to make due?? thanks a lot guys

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
I backpacked in Europe last summer, RIGHT before I realized my hair was going to sh*t. My hair was between 1-2 inches and I didn't really mess with it, perhaps because I hadn't realized what was going on, or perhaps because I was engrossed in an amazing trip. You could take this as an opportunity to cut your hair shorter than you would usually have it here, and no one would think anything of it because people will do that before a long trip. You will think about your hair much less and be able to enjoy your trip as much as possible. It will make topical application easier too, right?

The important thing is that you enjoy yourself as much as possible.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how things going for you kevin?

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
how things going for you kevin?

hey thanks for asking. I'm nearing two months on propecia (the real stuff) and I can't really say there is much difference. I catch a glimpse of my hair in one lighting situation and I feel like sh*t, and I check a different mirror and feel great. I'm feeling hopeful that the meds will work! How about you? Did you ever take any photographs?

sorry to hijack the thread!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Best thing to do is shave your head, topicals will be easy to apply... also takes care of the seb derm (normally). and take a hat. Plus make sure you take enough supplies too of everything you need.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks petchsky...i would but male pattern baldness is too noticable when i shave it...it's at the perfect length..not noticiable at all except for mature hairline and when it is when....so i am avoiding the shave

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
well.. you'll at least have one good hair day ..the days after, wear a hat i guess. bring couvre or dermatch along

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
my advise, go real short for the trip, it will make things easy. all the stuff doesnt look bad on really short hair, you dont have to worry about missing a shower and spending time styling. shave it short!