travis' story

travis

Reaction score
hi everyone

I'm 23 year old and I live in Switzerland, sorry for my english skills...

I started loosing hair in 2004/2005 I think. When I finished school in 2003, everything was alright... I had a lot of dark brown, thick hair and I was very happy about that. The fact is, that my mother have thick brown hair and her brothers have as well. Even my mother's father has still his thick hair at the age of 85. My uncle looks exactly like me (we could be twins), but he still has his hair :(
My father, his brothers and his father are all bald...

For a very long time I didn't realize that I have androgenic alopecia. In 2004 and 2005 it wasn't an easy time because I was in the army, which was quite exhausting. So I thought my hairloss is caused by stress.
My family always said: "You are so lucky you don't have your father's hair, so you don't get bald at the age of 23."
Well they were wrong.

In 2006 I met an old friend of mine, hadn't seen him since we left school. He said: Oh my god, where's your hair?" I realized that now it's time to do something.

I was scared about going to the docter and telling him about my hairloss. I read about Minoxidil and I've been on that stuff since November 2006.
My hairloss stopped, but no regrowth... I was happy that it stopped.

But in June 2007 the big shock: shedding shedding shedding! I'm going crazy!
I'm going to the doctor next friday, I want a prescription for Finasteride. I hope that brings my thick, brown hair back... I really do.

So that's my story, I will keep you updated.

antonio666

Reaction score
i am sorry to hear about your pain,i can' really advise how to combat it because i am trowing the kitchen sink at my hairloss and just going baclkwards all the time.

i hope you have good luck agaisnst male pattern baldness,never give up

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if your hairloss is caused by male pattern baldness, taking finasteride will likely help you maintain what you have right now...minoxidil is the main tool for regrow.

Add nizoral to your list and you should be able to improve your hair. GL!

travis

Reaction score
ok went to the Doctor on friday. he said I have seborrhoeic dermatitis and he gave me a shampoo. I washed my hair 3 times with this shampoo and it's gone, I'm very happy about that.
I hope my hairloss will also stop and minoxidil is going to work again.
oh and he gave me proscar, I hope that will bring my hair back.

may I see results in september or so? that would be great.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
travis said:
ok went to the Doctor on friday. he said I have seborrhoeic dermatitis and he gave me a shampoo. I washed my hair 3 times with this shampoo and it's gone, I'm very happy about that.
I hope my hairloss will also stop and minoxidil is going to work again.
oh and he gave me proscar, I hope that will bring my hair back.

may I see results in september or so? that would be great.

as long as your hair loss wasnt not contributed by male pattern baldness, you have a great chance of bringing it back with the help of anti-flammtory shampoo's

GL man!