Treatment-based foods ?

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that after I started the food seems better to stop losing hair, and it seems it is brighter and more foret,the only thing the industry is that I use Propecia 2x and more the Nizoral 2x a week

A more natural nutrition reverse the course of a person with Androgenetic Alopecia?

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Anti-inflammatory foods. Especially flaxseeds.
I 'm using flaxseed 3x per week, stop using any drug (Propecia, ...)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Great! Flax Seeds are a must. I know two twin brothers, about 50 years of age, both lived together and ate the same food and pretty much had the same lifestyle. One had arthritis and back promblems the other didn't. The one without arthritis and back problems also had a full head of hair, while the other didn't; completey bald except for the typical "horse-shoe". The only thing differnt in their lifestyles was that one ate flax seeds, the other didn't. The brother with the full head of hair was the one that ate flax seeds.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Great! Flax Seeds are a must. I know two twin brothers, about 50 years of age, both lived together and ate the same food and pretty much had the same lifestyle. One had arthritis and back promblems the other didn't. The one without arthritis and back problems also had a full head of hair, while the other didn't; completey bald except for the typical "horse-shoe". The only thing differnt in their lifestyles was that one ate flax seeds, the other didn't. The brother with the full head of hair was the one that ate flax seeds.
And I eat the flaxseed? to eat the seeds or do I grind them in blender? always took them with water

Petchsky

Reaction score
Probiotic yoghurt's are worth eating once a day, though do your research and buy a good one. Krill oil is also recommended. All good for hair and overall health

ali777

Reaction score
dpdr said:
I noticed that after I started the food seems better to stop losing hair, and it seems it is brighter and more foret,the only thing the industry is that I use Propecia 2x and more the Nizoral 2x a week

A more natural nutrition reverse the course of a person with Androgenetic Alopecia?

What exactly is in your diet???

Petchsky said:
Probiotic yoghurt's are worth eating once a day, though do your research and buy a good one. Krill oil is also recommended. All good for hair and overall health

I'm not so sure about this one... Prof Regan of BBC tested the probiotics last year (I'm such a geek, I watch all those BBC programmes). The conclusion was that they add no health benefit to a healthy person.

I suppose the same argument could be extended to all the supplements, but I still use a few :dunno:. I'm fully aware that they are useless, but I still piss my money down the toilet.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
shootingguard said:
Do I use the flaxseeds as seasoning? Or just ingest them with a spoon?

You can do both, I personally take two spoonfuls a day and wash down with fresh water.

Petchsky

Reaction score
ali777 said:
I'm not so sure about this one... Prof Regan of BBC tested the probiotics last year (I'm such a geek, I watch all those BBC programmes). The conclusion was that they add no health benefit to a healthy person.

I suppose the same argument could be extended to all the supplements, but I still use a few :dunno:. I'm fully aware that they are useless, but I still piss my money down the toilet.

You find studies that tell you it's a waste of time, and studies that show they work. :dunno:

I take both of these and personally feel they work, I feel better since taking them, anecdotal, but if you think something is doing you could it probably is...

I have real trust issues with most studies or newspaper reports on what's good for you. You have to study each study for bias or invalid scientific methods/reasoning, and I don't have the time or patience for such a pursuit.

Both these things are popular with the 'natural only' approach.

P.S I think there are a lot of crap pro biotic yoghurt out there which is why you need to do more research before deciding on a brand.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
We all know that dietary fat leads to the formation of prostaglandins. One of my good friends, has one of the best heads of hair I've ever seen, better than a Norwood 1! He told me that his mother always ate a low fat diet throuout her whole life, and that he grew up eating a low fat diet as well. But he then said his father ate very unhealthy: fried food, soda pop, and high fat foods all his life. I saw a picture of his father and his father was bald. So maybe there is a relationship between dietary fat intake and M.P.B. I know from personal experience that chronic consumption of fried foods leads to M.P.B. because that is what happened to me. That is what really "jump-started" it for me. I believe that fried foods cause a hormonal change for the worse; also it increases inflammation and can contribute to Atherosclerosis, a huge factor in inflammation and hair loss. Also that reminds me. I saw a documentary about Phil Collins the other day and it showed a picture of his older brother. Full head of hair the lad had, his brother said he was a cartoonist. Sooner after, it showed a band member frying up a panful of greasy sausage, and claiming that Phil ate the sausage every morning for breakfast. Maybe that had something to do with his hair loss. I think the video is called: This Is Your Life: Phil Collins; it was a television show from the late 1980's. I guess what I'm trying to say is; maybe a low-fat diet would help slow M.P.B. in men predisposed.