treeshrew's story - (25yr old - Pics) - haircut

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
edit: these are new pics, the first few comments were in reference to some older ones i posted in november.

got a haircut today, and probably went too short, but i was curious to see. shorter hair definitely makes the crown less obvious and the temples more obvious. i posted some before pics. i'm curious what stage people think i'm at on the norwood scale, maybe 3? i was planning to just start finasteride/nizoral and see how it goes, but after seeing the recession in these pics i might add minoxidil and start all 3 at the same time. curious for any and all comments.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: My story - 25yr old - Pics

ive been on finasteride for over 3 years ,no sides at all

i wouldnt buzz ya hair,just cut it shorter to help it look thicker and maybe stick it up? youve got plenty to work with :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

the crown is not that bad, the temples receeded some.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

thanks for the encouraging words. i think it will look worse when i get it cut but we'll see. i'm excited to start on finasteride and see how it goes.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you still got a lot of hair, even if big 3 doesn't work, you can consider hair transplant to get your hairline back.

Your crown still look very solid at the moment.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
pre haircut, yuo didnt look like you were showing any signs of hairloss whatsoever. Whats your family history like? I think it looks better long, my own hair is way beyond that possibility. It looks pretty good buzzed too. If it makes you feel any better, I was way worse than that at 25. Good luck.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks man, i read your other post and found it very truthful, too much time on here can make one obsessive. as for my family history, my mom's dad was completely bald by 30, so i know what's coming in my not too distant future. it's funny how different pictures can make it look better or worse. don't suppose you got any you'd like to share? anyway, you seem like you have a very good attitude, you should hang around and try to spread the positive vibes. peace

RaginDemon

Reaction score
try minoxidil for temple regrowth, if its not working, you can get a hair transplant to fill them up.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy...thanks for the thanks :) My family history is a baldness contest. As for taking pic's..it isn;t something I do for a few reasons. First of all, I'm pretty satisfied with my appearance, the last thing I need is for a massive flash to be put on top of my head where no one looks anyways. It would just get me neurotic again which is somehthing I've worked at geting over. Also, I don;t own a digital camera or a scanner. So the only thing I could do would be to go to a buddies house...borrow a camera... and go into the can with it. He might think that's not normal for some reason. Or if I borrowed a scanner and said "I want other men to check me out and tell me what they think" I'd also have some explaining to do. So yeah. no pics..sorry =( To try and explain it...my hairline is better than you, but my crown is worse. If you combined us, we'd have a good head of hair.

As an aside...you mentioned pics making it look good or bad...what about mirrors?? Damn..those things are tricky.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lighting plays a big part of it too