Tricks of the trade for great THICK looking hair.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's my tip for big hair for big nights out:

Revivogen Shampoo => [wait for hair to dry] => Dermmatch => Style w/American Crew Fiber

With this regimen it is possible to give the impression of having no hair loss whatsoever and I am speaking as a NW2.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Color your hair with Men's Choice. If you have dark hair go black. The result after coloring is like a hair transplant thickening. I love it for about a week!

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning Sucks said:
Color your hair with Men's Choice. If you have dark hair go black. The result after coloring is like a hair transplant thickening. I love it for about a week!
I'd like to know more about this. Is that the "shampoo-in haircolor" or the brush-on type? And does the black look natural? When I first used Dermmatch I used black but then went to dark brown because the black was too black, it didn't look right.

Reaction score
Whenever I use American Crew Fiber......it makes my forehead completely breakout in the biggest ugliest pimples....but this never happens when I use my other styling product.'

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
[quote="Thinning Sucks":0a979]Color your hair with Men's Choice. If you have dark hair go black. The result after coloring is like a hair transplant thickening. I love it for about a week!
I'd like to know more about this. Is that the "shampoo-in haircolor" or the brush-on type? And does the black look natural? When I first used Dermmatch I used black but then went to dark brown because the black was too black, it didn't look right.[/quote:0a979]

Yup...looks very natural...dark brown or black is recommended for dark hair. It is shampoo in.

andyhunt

Reaction score
DermMatch is probably the best product to use for dark brown/black hair. It only takes 10-15seconds to apply every morning and lasts all day.
The only draw back is if you scratch your head as you end up with dirty fingers!
I had a hair transplant and have been using DermMatch for the last few months whilst waiting for the hair to grow through.
Check out my journal at
http://www.headofhair.co.uk
Andy

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
andyhunt said:
DermMatch is probably the best product to use for dark brown/black hair. It only takes 10-15seconds to apply every morning and lasts all day.
The only draw back is if you scratch your head as you end up with dirty fingers!
I had a hair transplant and have been using DermMatch for the last few months whilst waiting for the hair to grow through.
Check out my journal at
http://www.headofhair.co.uk
Andy

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

You mean if anyone scratches your head or moves his/her hand thru your hair dermatch comes out on their hand?

You killed my hopes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

andyhunt

Reaction score
it would have to quite a deep head rubbing or scratching with nails for them to notice the DermMatch on their hands.
If I go to bed with DermMatch on, it doesn;t rub off much on the pillow.
It's pretty robust stuff!

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning Sucks said:

anyone else use dye to cover up thinning? I'm thinking of giving it a go, but some people say the whispy hairs won't hold dye. I have very dark brown hair, almost black, and the contrast with my scalp makes my thinning visible. will dye help?

Reaction score
I dye my hair black (from dark brown) and I like the result, but it's really a matter of taste. The black does seem to make my hair look a little thicker, but that might be due to the amount of premature gray I have without color. Be careful, though, because black dye stains the skin pretty bad, and you could end up with a stained black scalp in thin spots. And make sure you put vaseline or lotion over every portion of skin (face, ears, etc.) you think will come in contact with the dye, because that will help prevent stains. If you do stain, however, the stuff usually washes off after a couple of showers.

Oh, and on me the vellous hairs hold dye pretty well. It does help mask some scalpage.