Tricomin shed advise needed !

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if any anyone else here experienced any shedding when they started tricomin spray ?

I started 3 weeks ago , and although my hair and scalp feels a bit better I'm noticing a lot more shedding.

Either than the nizoral shampoo and supplements this is all I'm taking. Well I did take literally 2 pills of propecia but the shedding was before that.

Any one ?

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Tricomin shed ?

Nothing ??

I know there are people here who use this product. So please speak up :)

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score

Probably the nizoral making you shed, not Tricomin.

wallace911

Reaction score

I have been using it at different doses for 15 months now and can say it definately makes me shed constantly. However I haven't lost much hair since then. It just speeds up the hair cycle ...

... however that's only my opinion. Most people on this board would say it helped stopping their shed.

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay Well I'm still shedding a lot, should I just ride it out or should I just stop using this ??

Its very weird, it makes my head feel nice but I have lost I would say 5% since I started using this 3 weeks ago.

I don't want to stop only to find that this is the shedding period and the hair will grow back in better condition.

For the record this is the one of 2 products I'm using constantly the other being nizarol. The Tricomin I use once in the morning time and a few times at night. But everyday without fail somehow.

I did use spironolactone S5 I would say 3 times in the last 3 months and took literally 2 pills of propecia in the last month. I didnt really like either although I will probably try them again at some point soon.

I have been using nizarol though every 3rd day which I thought should help.

What to do any advise ?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you, it's probably the nizoral. It's not for everyone, and it's relationship to hair growth is pretty tenuous. I don't think it makes much difference if you use minoxidil- that is what grows hair.

Also, it won't grow hair by itself. Yes, there is some picture of one guy that it seemed to work on, but if Nizoral grew back even some hair, it would be marketed pretty heavily, with one of those "not evaluated by the FDA" disclaimers. My understanding is test subjects for propecia used nizoral as a way to reduce inflammation of the scalp, and it has been inexplicably tied to growing hair. Remember, we live in the internet age, where nothing ever goes away.

Also, if you MUST use nizoral, use a strong conditioner.

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you I actually laid off the nizoral a lot. I was almost using it daily at one point. I went back to using nioxin and I added Avada pure abundance shampoo and conditioner. I guess what I will do is just lay off the nizoral and keep using the tricomin. I will be adding minoxidil in a few weeks. I just know I'm gonna shed when I start minoxidil so I'm still getting up the nerve to be prepared.

I did want to ask, you say it's probably the nizoral, but it never made my scalp irrated. Can I still be allergic to it ?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
For a lot of people, it dries the scalp and hair so much, it makes your hair look worse, not better. Also, your going to have to use minoxidil for a year, at least, go through some sheds, before it helps. Doing it for a month is just going to make you shed and freak out, before the regrowth a few months later. Good luck!

PS I have tried the Tricomin Nizoral route, and it doesn't work.