Tricomin Spray: Not for me!

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I got some Tricomin last week, but I hate the damn spray bottle. I mean, if it's for the scalp, why do I have to spray it all over my hair? I also have no idea how much to apply, and I'm sure that some days I was applying more, some days less. No consistency.

So, I pulled a MacGyver and used my Rogaine "dauber" applicator that I wasn't using (Anyone seen this thing before?), and just screwed it on to the Tricomin bottle. What do you know, it fit! So, now I simply apply the Tricomin to my scalp, and every day I know I'm getting exactly 1ml.

Thank you, Richard Dean Anderson!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I use a spent 2% spironolactone dabber bottle from Dr. Lee :)

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as my first bottle of rogaine is spent (almost there!), I'm gonna use it. I'm looking forward to my next rogaine direct shipment so I can get another dropper. I'm not sure I like that "dauber" thing.

jx

Reaction score
how well does tricomin work? what exactly is the purpose of it? is it like minoxidil?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Its an SOD man... do a search on it from the main hairlosstalk.com page for a wealth of information. Works differently then minoxidil.

jx

Reaction score
SOD?

okay, so i looked it up on the site. It is this whole package deal right? do you have to use the shampoo and conditioner with the spray? what do you all do?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I just use the spray. I already have PLENTY of shampoo to keep me busy, and the spray has a much higher concentration of copper peptides than the shampoo, if I remember correctly.

I've only been using it for about a week, so I can't tell if it's working yet.
Feels good though...

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score

jx

Reaction score
thanks, i'm reading that now. when do you apply tricomin? before or after minoxidil?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the spray. I will be using it with Propecia, Nizoral. Shoudl I expect a shed?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning: Pop a Propecia pill and apply the Rogaine
Evening: Apply Rogaine again
Later in the Evening: Apply Tricomin

I don't think that applying the Tricomin before the minoxidil has dried is a good idea (not that I have any proof of that), so I just apply it a few hours after applying minoxidil.

In terms of sheds, I don't think Tricomin will cause a shed. If anything, it will just cause your hair to grow faster.
Check this out:
http://www.skinbiology.com/copperpe...GHK-Cu Analogs and Stimulation of Hair Growth

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cool stuff guys!!! Thanks a bunch!

Tony

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Copper peptide decreases inflamation and is the strongest anti-inflamatory agent for your hair loss . It beats nizoral by far and it also shortens hair dormancy and lengthens its growth phase so I would recommend any serious regime be with it .

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, check this out:
http://www.folligen.com/folligentricomin.html

Patents and Cost - Folligen vs. GraftCyte® and Tricomin®
Folligen Cream,
Folligen Lotion,
and Folligen Spray

• Patents on Technology Pickart, US 5,554,375 Tissue protective and regenerative compositions
Tricomin products and
Graftcyte products

• Pickart, US 5,550,183 Metal-peptide compositions and methods for stimulating hair growth.
    Pickart, US 5,214,032 New glycyl-histidyl-lysyl copper compounds used in stimulating hair growth.
    Pickart, US 5,177,061 Compositions for stimulating hair growth containing cupric complexes of peptide derivatives including. glycyl-l- histidyl-l-lysine n-octyl ester.
    Pickart, US 5,120,831 New metal peptide complexes and derivatives used for stimulating growth of hair in warm-blooded animals, especially humans.

I like patents, especially when they have to do with hair growth.