Triplethreat's story 1MONTH UPDATE

triplethreat

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im new to this forum although i have been reading over the past few years.

Ill start with my story. Like my father i had pretty thick hair through growing up. It was coarse in texture and had a bit of a wave to it. When i hit about 19 i started to notice something. It was the start. It wasnt noticing hair fall it was noticing a general weakness to my hair and that it had lost that 'thick feeling'. When puting hair gel in I noticed it fell flat more and didn't have the thickness and bounce it use to have. Anyways didnt think too much on it and went on with things. Then i started to notice later the hair all over my pillow and on the shower floor....WOW didnt expect this. Ignored it for a while but hair fall got worse and just went on and on. So damn...started to realise after alot of reading that i must be losing hair due to male pattern baldness. Went through the usual denial of it being Telogen Effluvium and stress etc etc. You guys know the score. Anyways so i have lost hair for years now...relentlessly. And at 21 i thought to myself ill be pretty bald in 5yrs going by the amount i lose on a daily basis. At 22 i tried few scam meds...stopped after finding this place. At about 23 i was on minoxidil for about 2 months. worked well but stopped after that due to laziness. Shortly after this time i was starting to receed in my temples and it wasnt just general thinning like before. Started finasteride at 23 aswell and used it for about 5months and hair was doing great. hair fall was down in number and hair was feeling pretty good again. then through laziness to buy more finasteride i ended up off it to now. Hair started getting worse its been in terms of it falling out in shower and gelling it etc. So at 25 im back on it now (day 4) and hopefully stabilizing soon again. My hair loss hasnt been that dramatic compared to some. Though the amount i have lost every day for 5years i cant believe i have what i have now. honestly for past 5 years i would shower...dry my hair.. and shake the towel before drying my body.. maybe 100 hairs when i did that. Been like that for years...everyday. That was my ritual and still is after showering!! :woot: At the moment i can hide my hairloss with styling and to this day no one has ever commented on my hair. Id say im a nw2 with thinning aswell.

At moment im using 1.25mg fincar a day, nizoral 3 times a week and i dissolved some fincar into a leave in conditioner and use that at night on my scalp about 3 times a week.

In terms of health i am stressed alot...smoke and i eat bad :)

balding in family

dad - THICK nw1 at 55 ( no grey either!)
maternal grandad - nw4 as far back as i can remember
paternal grandad - nw4 from about 50 as i have been told
2 paternal uncles - nw2 with thinnish crown (age 50) & nw5 (age 40)

hairloss timeline

19 - noticed limp hair
20 - hair fall (pillow, shower, hands through hair)
20 - 25 -- Continued hair fall and start of temple going back
25 - Presently - on Fincar nizoral & conditoner with finasteride

feel free to comment and chime in!!!

thanks

pics.......

BASELINE 1

BASELINE 2

BASELINE 3

BASELINE STYLED

triplethreat

Reaction score
Re: Triplethreat's story

guys any advice or comments welcome. ive done alot of reading over the years but any advice i can heed just chip in ;)

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Do you have few more photos which were taken from a further distance, exposing your hairline?

triplethreat

Reaction score

hairline just looks like first pic from a distance. as i said in my story. noone knows im balding :s . Not yet anyways! its the close up stuff i needa worry about. to be honest the pics make it look bad. in real life its not just as bad but its still male pattern baldness.. though slow male pattern baldness. but it could kick in fast any day soon. Hoping finasteride works like before and fills in my hair.

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Nope, I mean are there any photos like in the 4th photo but taken from 1st photo's distance?

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score

you're so lucky you noticed when you were 19 and now u barely have any loss. Treatment will work well for you :) hair transplant in the future would work well for you :) So despite having male pattern baldness you still will have great hair most of your life. Unlike some of us unlucky folk

triplethreat

Reaction score

i haven't ever really given the treatments a good go. Going to stick it out this time. going to take pics every 3 months too so i can keep track.

Is my topical i made really worthwile... whats your opinions ppl on putting finasteride into something like a conditioner?? Does it even dissolve??

thanks

triplethreat

Reaction score

recent months i have noticed im alot thinner up front so i decided to take the plunge and have purchased kirkland minoxidil.

will arrive in a few days. i think ive got to the stage now where i need it with the finasteride. Or maybe my recent loss is down to being off finasteride for months. Also going through lot of stress at the moment.

Anyways so regime now is big 3

triplethreat

Reaction score

kirkland arrived in post this morning. £6 for one bottle from ebay and took one working day to arrive...nice. DAY 1 minoxidil STARTS.... :)

triplethreat

Reaction score

OK been on kirkland a few days now. Very tingly and itchy for first while when i put it on but it makes me feel like its doing something so not so bad!. Had few times where it made me feel bit dizzy and tight chested but only ever lasts few minutes and isnt really happening now when i put it on.

It is greasy but i try my best with it. I ordered the stuff from ebay and although cheap it didnt come with the applicator so i dont know if im putting 1ml on each time. i could buy a pipette on ebay but that's going a bit far :) Unlike the U.S i dont think pharmacists sell them so im just using a straw :woot:

No sides from finasteride as before when i used it so all good.

I have lots of vellus in my temples so im hoping that with a little magic they might come back to life a bit.

Im going to post pics at 1month mark and then 3month mark.

triplethreat

Reaction score

Just over 2 weeks on finasteride and 1 week on minoxidil.... and i have to say i think my hair looks better already!lol

:woot: Nah too soon but the little hairs in my temples are def there...i can see some black dots so fingers crossed...

triplethreat

Reaction score

forgot to mention....i didnt last long with the 2x application of minoxidil. I only apply once at night. The hassle of putting it on in the morning along with mess of it put me off. once seems to be working well for now.

triplethreat

Reaction score

Very depressed at the moment so i guess its just a waiting game now to see if the meds will do some good. Just feels like minoxidil is doing the opposite of what its suppose to at the moment.

ah well......

triplethreat

Reaction score

update:

Not too much to report other than the fact im still shedding quite bad. Have managed to stick to my meds without missing apps. As mentioned before im only using minoxidil at night. I will give it 3months before considering going to twice a day.

I will post 1months pics in next couple of days.

triplethreat

Reaction score

Ok guys so here are my first month photos. Im still shedding ALOT but the photos seem to show maybe im going to respond ok. Overall i think my front has lost some density but my temples seem to have some life about them now and little hairs are a bit more visible than before. Getting my haircut made my hair look a better i think as well. The shedding is freaking me out a bit but its hasnt demoralised me. My scalp is now used to minoxidil and no longer gets flakey. Im using it only at night so maybe thats why dandruff isnt an issue. Using nizoral about twice a week and H&S on the other days.

BASELINE
base2c.jpg

1 MONTH
styled1.th.jpg

BASELINE
side1t.th.jpg

1 MONTH

LEFT TEMPLE BASELINE
front3lu.th.jpg

LEFT TEMPLE 1 MONTH
lefttemple.th.jpg

lefttemple2.th.jpg

RIGHT TEMPLE 1 MONTH
righttemple2.th.jpg

Any thoughts are very welcome! cheers

hugeleap

Reaction score
Just wanted to say your hair looks great to begin with! I can definitely see some recession but it's in the very early stages luckily. You seem to have quite a good hairline as it is. 1 month is usually far too early to tell if you're responding well to treatment, but if you're shedding its usually a good indication that something is happening at least. Stick to your regimen, take photos, and don't be shy of getting a haircut around the 3-4 month mark as this will help to even out the length of your existing hair with the new hairs growing in. Good luck!