TRIPLETHREAT'S STORY - 2 MONTH UPDATE

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Hi guys heres my updated story...sorry for the new thread. forgot my password. lol

HERES THE FIRST THREAD

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68571&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Im on fincar 1.25mg and minoxidil once daily at night...heres the pics. After bad shedding first while think im getting some results! here you go....

BASELINE

base2c.jpg

front3lu.th.jpg

2MONTHS

rider88

Reaction score
nice man. you're a success story already. your hairloss pattern in the front is just like mine. I'm only on finasteride (1.25 generic proscar) and now i'm wondering if i should be using minoxidil as well.

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah definately getting some positive resulys up front. My temples have filled in a lot and although its not all terminal hair it has indeed made hair styling easier and a cosmetic difference. My hair itself has thickened up aswell because of the finasteride. I'm excited by the results as its still only 2.5 months in.

I took the pics with my hair pushed back and wet so the results could be seen for what they are. Not all the pics are with flash but the ones that are show progression.

So far I'm finding the routine okay. I only use minoxidil once a day at night so I don't have to worry about my hair looking crap in mornings. Believe it or not at this stage I'm just finishing my first bottle of kirkland! I don't have a pippette so I use a drinking straw and pinch it so it keeps a bit of minoxidil in the tube and then apply to my hair. I just put a bit in each temple, ru it and smooth along hairline. I also put a drop on my crown.

I have missed 4days of treatment whe I went on a trip abroad but it doesn't seem to have affected results.

triplethreat1

Reaction score
i forgot to add i dropped nizoral for now. It didnt really do much for me and i just stick to normal shampoo now. if my scalp gets a bit dry i just use h&s for a day or two.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, brother.

As the poster above me said, Nizoral can be hard on the scalp, I use it myself, every 3 or 4 days and I find it to be a great shampoo, an anti-fungal shampoo with mild anti-androgen properties?

You can't go wrong there.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results man! Youre giving me hope...just started rogaine again after not using it for years and I'm shedding like crazy. How long did you shed for??

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Thanks man. Glad I can give someone a bit of hope. With the minoxidil my hair shed badly. I started just after using finasteride so could have been a double whammy. Any how's.. The shed has only really just stopped. So I got about month and a half of bad shedding and then just as quick as it started it has stopped again. The shed didn't make a massive difference in my appearance but did make it harder to style and made my confidence hit the floor. I wore hats for few days, something I hadn't done in ages. I have to say at first I thought I was imagining new grwoth cause of how quick it happened but my temples are full of hair now and hopefully will improve. The quality of hair isn't great ut ill take it!

My advice is ride out the shed and stick to the routine without trying to over analyse yourline every 5mins. For me its easy really because I do everything at night. I pop the pill , apply some kirkland and brush my teeth. Jump in bed and finito!

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Hair just keeps getting better. I was sceptical about fincar and kirkland as they are the cheap version but their working a treat. Pics were uploaded 2weeks late so ill put up 3 month pics in 2weeks.

triplethreat1

Reaction score
Hey man.

No inflammation at all. The only sides I got were in the first couple of weeks which were slight dizzyness and chest feeling and scalp went a bit dry. The weird feelings I got only lasted few mins after putting it on. Don't get them at all now. As for the dryness it went away after couple of weeks so I guess my scalp got used to it. Plus I use head and shoulders sometimes and moisterise my forehead daily anyways. The only thing happens now when I apply minoxidil is the usual tingle on the scalp and slight bit of itchiness which everyone gets. I find with the itchiness if I itch it it stays itchy for bout half an hour. If I don't itch it the itchiness goes away straight after application.

All I really do I put it on and jump into bed and dose off. I don't use much anyways so not even detectable really. I could start doing it twice a day but I figured why bother if I'm gettinng results I'm happy with from just nightly apps.

rogik22

Reaction score
can you say WoW?

yeah cause from that first pic to last, that's like the thickness I had about a few months ago..

triplethreat1

Reaction score
still on first bottle of minoxidil guys. just done now. tonights app will be last bit of bottle.

2.5 months out one bottle..not bad. lol

I think the 1ml thing is stupid...just apply to the bits u need. It doesnt need to be oily as hell and over applied.

i guess i only apply once a day but still...2.5 months is good value for money..especially since im getting results.

all for £5...deal