trix0r's story

trix0r

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been experiencing slow hairloss over the past seven years which started to be noticeable when I was 18 years old. I'm now 25 and over the past year it has become more and more visible to me.

The hairloss itself looks to be your typical receding hairline around my temples which has been happening slowly for this time as I mentioned - I don't seem to have any crown hairloss as of yet and my hair is a lot thicker on the back-top and sides of my head. I have always had a fairly high hairline (larger forehead), inherited from my dad's side of the family. My hair has also always been quite thin.

In terms of my family; on my mum's side my grandfather is bald now and from what I gather he probably started around his 20's which got a lot worse into his 30's and 40's. My uncle is also bald and he seemed to lose his hair even quicker than my grandfather. On my dad's side, my dad still had hair right into his 50s. It was a very, very slow receding type of hairloss, but his hair still looked good in his 40's/50's - He is 61 now and still does have hair but the hairloss is completely visible now. My uncle on my dad's side still has hair at 60, but it has noticebly receded and is white and whispy. It's strange as I seem to have inherited the thickness (or thinness) of my mother's side but the hairline of my fathers's (or uncles).

I have been doing some research online about propecia and minoxidil and wanted to get some opinions on whether I should start treatment. I have heard positive things about propecia, especially when starting early on - I am not so sure about minoxidil as I have heard that in some cases you can lose hair if you start using it and the inconvinience of application every day is an obvious draw back.

Have attached some pictures to this post and of my dad + uncle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 173
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 168
  • crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 160
  • dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 166
  • uncle.jpg
    uncle.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 159

trix0r

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda thought that as well. Any recommendations for if I should start any treatment??