Trying a new hair gel

misterium

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought me a new tube of gel last night.. this time I wanted to try Loreal Vive For Men, 'Thickening & Grooming Gel'.

It has a nice fragrance, and seems to be working really well so far.

Anybody tried this product yet? It claims:

* For Fine or Thinning Hair
* Thickens For Increased Texture & Styling Stamina
* Covers Scalp Better

VIVE for Men Thickening & Grooming Gel is a light-weight formula that provides long-lasting hold without weighing hair down.

System Benefits:

1. Increased texture and styling stamina.
2. Greater control to keep hair in place.

... Who knows about all that.. but I think it's a good gel. Are any of these ingredients 'bad' for hair?

Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Triethanolamine, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Polysilicone 8, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Fragrance

Axon

Reaction score
I've used it, I noted no difference, good or bad, from Dep's line of gel.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
when ur hair is wet or has gel in it, it always looks thinner and causes more scalp to show....which is y i never understood their claim that it makes hair thicker....maybe as opposed to other hair gels but sure as hell wont make ur hair look thicker with their gel in it when its with out gel

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have used Loreal's vive for men gel..and i must say it doesnt come close to the results you get from using there vive for men shampoo.......

what i do is stick with the shampoo and use Loreal remix paste......that way i have the thickening from the shampoo and since im using paste ..it doesnt leave my hair looking wet.......so it appears thicker

Stick with just the shampoo...then use paste......their vive for men gel isnt worth it.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
seriously thats good advice....u need control? use paste...it even looks better...more natural

viperfish

Reaction score
I use the gel and it is not really like a gel at all. It does not give much control or hold but it is not bad. What is the remix paste by L'Oreal???

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Loreal remix paste is a paste that after application you can restyle midway through the day9although they say but it doesnt REALLy work all to well if done that way)...its from their ALT. Studio line of styling products........

If you look at their website you can see what i mean...its on the Lorealparis website....although it is kinda hard to find and for a styling product kinda expensive..although it lasts longer then gel...for me way longer since i style with only my fingertips and not with my whole hand.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Walmart and or your local grocery store(although it has to be a big one little grocery stores odnt carry them around here)

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
vive is found anywhere they sell shampoos...its at rite aid cvs eckerd....even at the small privately owned pharmacies....at least here in the US it is

misterium

Reaction score
cool advice thanks guys.

i have thick wolfman dark italian style hair.. it's really rough and not manageable to style when it's dry.. thus i use a gel and 'slick it back' old school greaser style... kinda creates a shell but i like it.

i find other products besides gel, to be hard for me to apply to my hair type.. usually any styling product besides gel seems to 'pull' at my hair and makes it tuggy feeling.. which i hate.