Trying something new

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
One time, I was scheduled for a minor operation. I was given 1 valium pill to be taken 1 hour before the surgury.

I was at work. Took the pill. Then I was side-tracked. I did not get to the drinking fountain for over 5 minutes. The thing was under my tongue (so I could take a phone call)

Let me tell you, I was freaking stoned for about 10 minutes!!! It was awesome. But then it wore off.

I have started letting the Proscar pill dissolve in my mouth rather than swallowing it. The acids in the stomach do break down active ingredients, but maybe they damage some of it.

What do you guys think? :hairy:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep it up for two years and let us know how it works out for you :p

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, i think you are hilarious! :D

You have got to be still stoned if you think disolving it in your mouth before it goes to your stomach makes any difference! lol Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning :).

Ok, seriously. Do you think merck would have a drug that goes to the stomach that couldnt survive the HCL in your stomach? :D

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
actually this is not "completely" ridiculous. some pills are taken sublingually (for example nitroglycerin for chest pains) because it allows the drug to bypass liver metabolism and go straight in to the blood stream (when you swallow something, the drug is absorbed into the blood stream, and the blood goes directly to your liver which is the "detoxifier" of the body, many times altering the drug into less potent metabolites). however, this often messes with the overall pharmokinetics of the drug. You may get a more potent reaction initially, but it may also taper off more quickly, leaving you with an entire part of the day where you are not blocking DHT. propecia wasn't tested in this way, so if i were you, i would stick with the old school swallowing with water. just a thought :)

Petchsky

Reaction score
f*** me check all the bar humbugs!

Could be a good idea...Works with LSD so why not proscar. Think i'll stick to swallowing it though.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
You are correct about the different pathways. I was just saying for propecia it wouldn't be any different :)

Trent said:
actually this is not "completely" ridiculous. some pills are taken sublingually (for example nitroglycerin for chest pains) because it allows the drug to bypass liver metabolism and go straight in to the blood stream (when you swallow something, the drug is absorbed into the blood stream, and the blood goes directly to your liver which is the "detoxifier" of the body, many times altering the drug into less potent metabolites). however, this often messes with the overall pharmokinetics of the drug. You may get a more potent reaction initially, but it may also taper off more quickly, leaving you with an entire part of the day where you are not blocking DHT. propecia wasn't tested in this way, so if i were you, i would stick with the old school swallowing with water. just a thought :)