trying something new.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys... im 16 about to be 17 in 2 months... im probably the youngest guy visiting this forum...

this place has helped me a shitload ever since i came here a few months ago.. thanks to everyone!

ive been experiencing major flaking from minoxidil and nizoral. t-gel that piece of sh*t doesnt even lather well... and it results in my hairs gettin tangeled and pulled while im shampooing.

i tend to pull out my hair cuz they always tangle together.. (i have kinda wavy hair)

most of my hairloss seems to occur whenever i touch my hair, i.e. try to style, scratch, or just brushing my hand through my hair.

im gonna try something new. i recently bought head and shoulders anti itch w/ moisturizers. im going to use that until the end of this school year (june '05)

im cutting out minoxidil and nizoral... if things improve great.. if they dont hey im too young to use finasteride and by that time im able to use it.

thanks for reading. peace

Bnguyen

Reaction score
You should stay on the nizoral, it really helps with the flakes. Use shampoos alternately, i think between head and shoulders (original), and something else that is mild. Pick up some vitamin for the hair, usualy its call HAIR or like Hair, nails, and skin, that should give your hair some support.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks... i will stay on the nizoral then.

hey do u know where they sell these hair vitamins? i take centrum once a day right now

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know how you feel.

I'm 18 now, but I started losing mid sophomore year when I was 16.

It's tough, I know. Hang in there.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about "hair vitamins" you're already taking centrum and that's plenty.
Are you conditioning your hair? If not, try it. That alone may get rid of the tangles and the flaking.

polster

Reaction score
you may want to look into eating less processed, sugary, or fried foods. You will notice dermatitis is worse when u eat junkfood like mcdonalds! Eat more plant based foods and less meats..

You should also look into cleansing yourself internally as well as externally. There is a lot of theories that skin iritation like excema is caused by overproliferation of candida yeast in our digestive system which in turn shows up on our skin as flakes and iratation. Some research shows people with skin problems dont produce enough stomach acid to kill off bacteria or yeast and so you need to supplement it to your diet.
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/digesti ... LowHCL.htm

For supplements you can try the following:
1. Betaine HCL (Betaine hydrochloride with Pepsin) twice daily with meals.
2. Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (1 teaspoon in 8oz. of water / 3X day) - it has to be organic and unfiltered... the reuglar supermarket brand doesnt help because its processed.
3. Probiotics - twice daily

Also can use Organic Apple cider vinegar on your scalp to relieve dandruff after showering.:
"The acidity of apple cider vinegar kill the fungus and bacteria that may cause dandruff. After you shampoo and condition, pour 1/2 cup of organic apple cider vinegar over your hair (tilt your head back to avoid getting vinegar in your eyes). Comb through and rinse thoroughly with water. Use every day until your dandruff goes away"

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Are you conditioning your hair? If not, try it. That alone may get rid of the tangles and the flaking.

i strongly urge you to keep using t/sal and nizoral but try using them at the same time. Also try to find a heavy conditioner. My scalp was pretty irritated and I decided to just try using a TON of conditioner and it actually has been helping me.