Trying To Make My Own Topical (need Help)

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to try and make my own topical (based on zix formula) but i have no experience with this, but i really need to do something topically to my scalp.

So is the basic foundation of a topical to have ethyl alcohol and water together and then i can add zinc,b6 and whatever else i want to it?

Or will azelaic acid alone work to fight DHT topically?

Or should i just go for something else topically (not minoxidil, wish to fight the root problem here, DHT, and apply this stuff once a day or EOD, not twice daily stuff).

I red topical spironolactone didnt regrow hair but whats your thoughts?

And i also consider pumpkin seed oil and rosemary oil into these mix.

Basically what im asking:
Is it really that simple that i need water and the ethyl alcohol together then i pour whatever in it as well to make a topical?
I got no experience with chemistry...

I dont want to waste cash, time and hair on this.

Any reply is appreciated but stick to the topic.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to try and make my own topical (based on zix formula) but i have no experience with this, but i really need to do something topically to my scalp.

So is the basic foundation of a topical to have ethyl alcohol and water together and then i can add zinc,b6 and whatever else i want to it?

Or will azelaic acid alone work to fight DHT topically?

Or should i just go for something else topically (not minoxidil, wish to fight the root problem here, DHT, and apply this stuff once a day or EOD, not twice daily stuff).

I red topical spironolactone didnt regrow hair but whats your thoughts?

And i also consider pumpkin seed oil and rosemary oil into these mix.

Basically what im asking:
Is it really that simple that i need water and the ethyl alcohol together then i pour whatever in it as well to make a topical?
I got no experience with chemistry...

I dont want to waste cash, time and hair on this.

Any reply is appreciated but stick to the topic.
If u check the zix thread there’s a lot of ppl who’ve been on it on 6 months and claim it doesnt work. Sorry, but minoxidil or finasteride. Maybe try brotzu if u have $ & can’t wait.

You’re using ingredients like pumpkin seed which inhibits dht like finasteride anyways, just weaker. May as well hop on finasteride.