tt1103 Story- (w/pics UPDATED PICS *6/20/07*)

tt1103

Reaction score
Heres the lowdown: 27yo white male..Italian/Swiss German decent mainly. Apparently some Native American but if thats so I guess I didnt get my hair genes from them.

Family History: Lots of baldness on dads side; moms side not so much

My History: Started around 20yo, Self actualization at 25 when I saw a picture of me from behind and my crown was a whole lot lighter brown than the rest of my head. Tried rogaine April of 2006 for about 2 months but didnt like the greasy feeling it left. Stopped until Sept when shedding was off the charts. Got propecia prescription in Oct 2006 and started regimine of minoxidil foam 2/day; finpecia 1/day; Tricomin 3 pak at least 3 times a week. Current regemine has been ongoing for 5 months.

Progress: By Jan 2007 shedding seemed to have halted, crown and hairline got thicker. thought I was crazy till my girlfriend commented about my hair getting thicker. Super excited for a month then middle of February shedding started again and has now gone back to around baseline on the crown. front has seemed to stay relatively unbothered (god willing). I am hoping this is the shed I keep reading about that seems to happen around this stage of the process. I figure I will give it till the end of the year and if there isnt ANY sign of improvement then my friends I will...just have to try a little longer... I stupidly erased the pictures I took at the begining back in Oct. and for whatever reason never took some when I saw results.... but I have taken some now(they are about what it looked like back in Oct 2006). I will continue to post every so often and get your opinions about the progress. I am a bit concerned over the possibility of fake finpecia since the shedding started around the time I bought a new supply from a company that has been suggested by some on this site, either it was "in-house" or "pharmacy2home" one of them wasnt working when I went to get it so i had to go throught the other, originally I got it the first time fromHairloss Generics. I went generic becuase the price for real propecia is like $2 a pill(guess you may just get what you pay for).

UPDATED: 4/26/07....

Well I think some of the shedding has stopped on the crown but now its begun in the front patch a bit. Story of my life, for every plus there has to be a minus..oh well I will keep plugging along and will post new pics next month....

Opinions/suggestions?
Wet Hair 3/22/07
5-1.jpg

Wet Hair 4/26/07
april26wet.jpg

Dry Hair 3/22/07
5.jpg

Dry Hair 4/26/07
april26dry.jpg

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd take monthly pics so you can assess progress. I'm mostly focused getting thick coverage in the crown area.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I predict a full comeback. People really like MSM. Might help grow faster.

tt1103

Reaction score
Ive heard of MSM on this site but cant seem to figure out what it is...what is it?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its a dietary supplement which supposedly accelerates hair & nail growth.

tt1103

Reaction score
Well my hair is still shedding like crazy, just doesnt seem to want to stop for whatever reason. Im thinking stress might be it perhaps system imballance. What does one ask for when they get blood work done to link hair loss? Its really got me pretty depressed but I will continue to plug along. I will be taking pictures in a week or so. Ive decided to add some stuff to my regimin, Ive started Nizoral once every 3 days, saw palmetto in morning and night, and will be starting MSM once it arrives in the next day or so. So that bring me up to 1.25mg proscar/day...foam minoxidil 2/day...saw palmetto 4pills/day...tricomin shampoo and spray every other day..and soon to be msm 2/day...I think im only missing the kitchen sink and believe me if that worked I'd be wearing it as a hat right now! Hate to be negative but I think I may be headed towards the kojak club within the next few months..who loves ya baby? apparently not my hair........

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Think positive. You need four months at least on the Big3 to see results. Some guys see great results in two months, but that's not the majority. Your hair has to go through a couple of cycles before you see new hair I think. But I think the shampoos have a fast effect on the hair, and I think that's why they are part of the big3.

Check out my pics. I'm 39, I'm not going to probably do as well as will. Look at SkylineGTR's pics, he was losing it bigtime...

tt1103

Reaction score
updated pics are above...there has been some light regrowth I think, the lighting is a little decieving but I can see some improvement...I dont know if it will ever be as thick as I want it but as long as I can at least add Toppik I will survive. The front however is starting to thin out or shed...once again the pics dont do the problem justice but believe me I can tell its thinning up front now for sure....

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
dude its only been a couple or a few months. The rogaine should do a great job on your crown. it did a great job on mine. The crown is simple to conquer in hair loss. Its just the problem with a receding hairline for most of us. look like your hair is good. I bet if you give it at most 6 months you wont even be able to see your scalp through your hair. Best of luck man and stay on your treatment. We're all fighting just like you.

tt1103

Reaction score
Well its been about 2 months since my last update and I am back to say my crown is much thicker now. when dry I cant even see any light spot on the crown anymore like I could before. the front started to get thin too but has since come back. Feeling good and looking good as of today. I realize that a shed may come along again, but for Now I am happy! I will try to post some updated pictures in the next day or so. Until then good luck to you all.......and dont give up!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think based on your pics, that you were doing better, less scalp showing, though obviously not the density you seek. Keep taking pics you can be an inspiration to other guys who freak out from their sheds.

tt1103

Reaction score
Here is an updated photo. Not consistent with the others in terms of lighting and location but still a good indicator of how I am improving.

Dry: March
5.jpg

Dry: April
april26dry.jpg

Dry: June
june_13.jpg

Will try to get a more consistent shot soon

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Wow it seems like everyone is responding to the treatments overwhelmingly well these days.

I am going to be more consistent with minoxidil foam now.