Turkey Still a Good Option ?

JB48

Reaction score
Hello all

I live in the UK and am eager to go ahead with a transplant procedure to repair an eroded hairline (maturing, uneven). I was initially looking to North America but after much thought, I realize the distance makes it non-viable (travel time as well as costs make it unfeasible).

I know that many people say that Turkey is an ideal destination for Europeans due to high quality transplants and attractive costs. In particular I have contacted Dr Hakan Dogany (sending pictures) and they have said they can likely perform a procedure.

Is Turkey still an ideal location? Part of my disquiet is the situation in Turkey/Syria. I know most parts of Turkey are still safe to travel - but I wonder if the forum users here would still recommend it?

I get the impression that practices in Turkey are perhaps more aggressive and less conservative (i.e. don't worry so much about long term) - is this also the case?

Thank you
JB

resu

Reaction score
Turkey is an option if you like unnatural straight hairlines and poor service, tons of people go there more than some realize.

trippingfrog

Reaction score
Hello all

I live in the UK and am eager to go ahead with a transplant procedure to repair an eroded hairline (maturing, uneven). I was initially looking to North America but after much thought, I realize the distance makes it non-viable (travel time as well as costs make it unfeasible).

I know that many people say that Turkey is an ideal destination for Europeans due to high quality transplants and attractive costs. In particular I have contacted Dr Hakan Dogany (sending pictures) and they have said they can likely perform a procedure.

Is Turkey still an ideal location? Part of my disquiet is the situation in Turkey/Syria. I know most parts of Turkey are still safe to travel - but I wonder if the forum users here would still recommend it?

I get the impression that practices in Turkey are perhaps more aggressive and less conservative (i.e. don't worry so much about long term) - is this also the case?

Thank you
JB

I live in Turkey. I am gonna have hair transplant next month after months of searching. Just be sure that there are really good hair transplant clinics that you will absolutely love results. On the other hand, there are also places doing terrible jobs, so price depends on their qualifications. You can check the results on turkish forums. I can help you about this affair.

Other issue whether Turkey is safe to travel, Turkey is definetely safe for tourists on condition not going to borders with Syria.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all

Thank you
JB
You seem to have a good idea. Quite safe, cheap, surgeons can get great looking results but use available grafts aggressively making great hairlines but not leaving many grafts for later in life if/when you need them. If you have aggressive hair loss I wouldn't go there, if you have minor hair loss and are unlikely to progress above NW3 by your 50s then Turkey is a great option.