twhacker888's story

twhacker888

Reaction score
I started noticing some balding about a year ago. I just turned 24 a few days ago. I used to keep my hair pretty long about 2-3 inches kinda shaggy but once I started noticing the balding I didn't like it so I decided about a month ago to no guard shave it. Now I just dont like the look of when you look at me straight on I have no hair on the sides. (as seen in the last picture)

I've never used anything to try to help it. I'm afraid to use anything becuase of the stroies of people who used rogaine and the hair just started falling faster and the other stuff that messes with your sexual system. I dont know if I really want to risk that just for the chance that maybe it will help. I still have hair in the hairline where it has receded you just cant see it because it looks like little peach fuzz now instead of normal thicker hair.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twhacker888

Reaction score
Re: Here comes the baldness!!!

Is using all these different products really worth all the work? do you use them for a year and just get burnt out and shave your head???

takenick

Reaction score

Short hair/beard suits you. Start taking finasteride. I have basically the same hairline but I'm 22.

takenick

Reaction score

twhacker888 said:
takenick said:
Short hair/beard suits you. Start taking finasteride. I have basically the same hairline but I'm 22.

Thanks but I still liked my long hair. I think it hid how big my nose is. lol

And heres a reason I'm afraid to use finasteride

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68676

People lie and sue to get money. There's no way to verify anything they're saying is honest or accurate.
Sexual function decreases naturally with age. Mens' sexual peak is age 20.
Hundreds of drugs cause permanent side effects, death, etc. in rare cases.

You can't ignore that finasteride has worked for the majority. Start with a low dose and gradually increase. If the sides are so bad you can't possibly cope, stop taking it.

twhacker888

Reaction score

takenick said:
twhacker888 said:
takenick said:

Thanks but I still liked my long hair. I think it hid how big my nose is. lol

And heres a reason I'm afraid to use finasteride

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68676

People lie and sue to get money. There's no way to verify anything they're saying is honest or accurate.
Sexual function decreases naturally with age. Mens' sexual peak is age 20.
Hundreds of drugs cause permanent side effects, death, etc. in rare cases.

You can't ignore that finasteride has worked for the majority. Start with a low dose and gradually increase. If the sides are so bad you can't possibly cope, stop taking it.

I was also wondering if you looked into spironolactone Lotion? It seems to be similar to finasteride in that it is supposed to stop DHT from causing more hairloss but maybe not as strong since it is only a topical creme.

takenick

Reaction score

Applying topicals sounds like a pain, especially if you have hair longer than 1/2". That's why I'm only taking a pill for now.

twhacker888

Reaction score

What do you think I'm rated as on the Norwood Scale? 2?? maybe the signs of a 3? I feel like I would rather bite the bullet and get a FUE. I have quite a bit of money saved up but hate to waste on something like my hair but I just want to make it to at least my early 30's with hair. After that I dont think I will mind shaving it because I just dont want to be the only guy in my group of friends with the bald head. I think the key to making a shaved head look good is just making sure its tan.