Twotogo's Story

twotogo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 25 year old male with long hair (long enough for a 10" ponytail). Recently I've noticed some odd thinning right in the front and middle part of my head! It's easy to spot, especially when the hair is wet. I have no regimen for stimulating regrowth as I do not know if this is a "normal" hair loss pattern. Most of the things I research references female pattern hair loss :laugh:. The hair in the back of my head, is full and thick, but my front is the issue. Nothing special goes on my hair except shampoo and conditioner; It's washed twice a week.

Thank you in advance to the community for any guidance and advice you may give. Because I really don't know where to go from here.

[attachment=0:2bq6orp9]20120123_201801.jpg[/attachment:2bq6orp9]

[attachment=1:2bq6orp9]20120123_201739.jpg[/attachment:2bq6orp9]

Attachments

• 20120123_201739.jpg
    20120123_201739.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 20120123_201801.jpg
    20120123_201801.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 143

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a similar nick out of my hairline, but wider. It could just be a part of natural maturation- Ricky Gervais seems to have had it since the 80s. If your bothered about the way it looks, for now, a very small amount of dermmatch will sort you right out. In the mean time you could look at more long term options, but the slightest bit of concealer (even an eyeliner pencil/ any makeup) will cover that up brilliantly.

michael94

Reaction score
i thought i was the only one with this problem, my derm said it was male pattern baldness, but my temples are like perfect..

twotogo

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It doesn't bother me too much, I'm more bothered by the doubt of why the hair is thin in that area. I figured this didn't look like regular male pattern baldness either. If it is it's starting from the inside out, instead of from the temples inward, weird.

I will try to schedule an appointment with the dermatologist and see what they tell me.

Mygoodness

Reaction score
Possibly just age related. Demi Moore with her perfectness has this little knick in her hairline. My brother also, who has a perfect mature hairline and will never bald also has this thin spot. I have seen it on many who part their hair, women and men. I don't think it's Androgenetic Alopecia. I also have very long hair, like 10" ponytail. I have this knick as well, and it has freaked me out. Keep us updated, I would be curious to know how it turns out.