Tyler.s Story (Age 22, rapid shed)

tpmgx6

Reaction score
Hi everyone and thank you for reading. I have been thinking about posting for a long time but just kept putting it off and saying that it will get better, but it hasn.t.

My story is this. I.m 22, about to be 23 on the 28th of December and currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. About 6 or 7 months ago, I noticed that my hair wasn.t on the edges of my hairline anymore. I seriously didn.t think that it was hairloss, and I didn.t pay it any mind. I.ve always had pretty thick hair. I left for Argentina about 4 months ago with a recedding hairline but nothing too drastic.

However, in the last 3 weeks I have noticed a serious change in my hair. My middle hairline has spread drastically, much larger than I.ve ever seen. As well, there are other lines or bald streaks scattered throughout my hair. My hair is very, very thin now and fragile. I see small hairs on my computer and desk and worry that those were supposed to stay in. The middle of my hairline is also very thin, as it few hairs remain in the front now. The sides of my hair are also very thin!

Also, about 3 weeks ago, I noticed a bald spot about 2 inches my 2 inches below my left ear. It is growing some hair, but little and scattered. It scares me a lot.

What also worries me is that my head is extremely itchy. This started about 2 weeks ago and hasn.t stopped. At times it even hurts, just a dull pain at random spots on my scalp. I am always scratching at it.

As I am in Argentina, I feel like I can.t do much in terms of seeing a doctor and getting the help I need. That might sound stupid, but medical care is different over here, espically in a different language. However, I am going back to the states on the 22nd of December, or in 3 weeks. But I fear that this time right now is vital to stopping my hair loss. I am so frustrated and don.t know what to do.

Oh. And my brother (27) has no hair loss and dad (47) has just a recedding hairline.

I will post pictures later, as my computer broke a few days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
even your dad doesn't have male pattern baldness, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't have it. It could be from any side of your family.