Ugh man this is still tough ._.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ok so I settled on this regimen of collagen supps and Densiti. I know a lot of you have an issue with those as choices but there was (and is) logic there, and you have to understand I am just trying to rule out things like this before I go for a more traditional regimen if they dont work. But of course fixing a cause is permanent.

ANYWAY yeah so I'm still having a whole bunch of shedding and also lots more body hair I think which SUCKS because it doesnt bode well for my scalp hair IMO and I dont know why its happening. I may drop my Densiti due to the arguably pro-DHT effects of the green tea it contains.

Ugh man this is no fun is it? Sometimes I curse being a guy because I hate body hair and love long hair on my head, but I still am very much a bloke through and through - I dont wanna be a woman or anything lol

It's just this feels so harsh, you know? What a drawback to being a dude ._.

I still hold hopes for the collagen supps and beta-sit, but if not then its down to (cont in next post)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Sorry - on my phone! But yeah if not then.. sometimes I do consider buzzing it just to get away from worrying about it, but I think more likely is a short, stylish cut and applying a few potent topicals, ideally RU and minoxidil like irishpride.

That way I can still look good at uni, and still go out and get drunk without being like "omg but it will mess up my hair!" lol

Oh, one more thing.. thanks for being here HairLossTalk.com :) Thanks for providing me with a community of people who also want to keep their hair on their head as opposed to watch it disappear to genes, its always, always nice to know you aren't the only one :)

I know I'm a pest, but I'm a well-intentioned and determined pest, and I'm glad you're not all totally sick of me just yet!

Hoppi :)

cuebald

Reaction score
No finasteride, no hair !

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough having a full head of long hair :whistle: . But really, you would look horrible bald, or even with a short haircut. If you ever find your hair depleting despite your vigorous "research", then you will be just like the rest of us... at the mercy of our genetics and modern science.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
hey hoppi, good luck to you man :) personally i hope i can hold onto what i got for the next 4-5 years.. HOPEFULLY by then we have some better solution.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Fender89 said:
hey hoppi, good luck to you man :) personally i hope i can hold onto what i got for the next 4-5 years.. HOPEFULLY by then we have some better solution.

yeah cool man, I mean my friend is really enthusiastic about Histogen and stuff like that, I do see why as it is a fantastic jump in technology and I hope we see it surface commercially soon.

I mean if it doesn't work yeah my decision is to either buzz it or RU it, depending on how tied I want to be to regular treatments, and how I think I will look with hair that short. I had short hair up until 21, but it wasn't that short it was just gelled up and spikey, but I dunno, I reckon with my Italian shaped face and a tan I would look alright with buzzed hair if it ever went that far!

RU looks more tempting though as a back-up :)

And nah not finasteride guys, after a week on that I am convinced I have had mild sexual sides (which have persisted so I may have to try to treat that somehow), and I just.. I really don't know if I want to risk sacrificing that side of my body just for hair, you know?

And man I do wish it all wasn't so complex, like I said before. I was mega convinced it was solely collagen, but now with the mild increase in body hair it concerns me that there has been a change either in my DHT levels or in my follicles sensitivity to them.. it would be interesting to learn which.

But yeah... I'm staying determined! ^_^

cuebald said:
No finasteride, no hair !

By the way perhaps you should tell Irishpride that, as it seems his hair has forgotten! (he uses a combination of RU and minoxidil with (from the pics) great success) :)

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Ok so I settled on this regimen of collagen supps and Densiti. I know a lot of you have an issue with those as choices but there was (and is) logic there, and you have to understand I am just trying to rule out things like this before I go for a more traditional regimen if they dont work. [...]

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying.

You're trying an alternative regime, is that it? Where did you hear about collagen supps and Densiti?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Belmondo said:
Hoppi said:
Ok so I settled on this regimen of collagen supps and Densiti. I know a lot of you have an issue with those as choices but there was (and is) logic there, and you have to understand I am just trying to rule out things like this before I go for a more traditional regimen if they dont work. [...]

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying.

You're trying an alternative regime, is that it? Where did you hear about collagen supps and Densiti?

Well, the Densiti is an equol creating regimen, designed to mop up DHT. The theory being that if you combine equol with something like beta-sit you are getting a fair DHT-reducing clout without reducing 5ar too much (therefore sparing you from many sexual sides or permanent sides). In theory it's great, but in practice the green tea in Densiti makes me feel uneasy right now.

Collagen is based on the observation that my hair was perfect until I had a rapid skin change last summer, so I am basically guessing that what happened is the thinning and weakening and stiffening of my skin caused my hair follicles to become weak in the face of my DHT. This makes a reasonable chunk of sense when you consider the money companies like L'Oreal put into stuff like Aminexil that is designed to loosen stiffening collagen, and the increased likelihood of male pattern baldness as one ages.

I could be wrong, which is why I am on here posting such an uneasy thread, but if I have the choice of there being a chance of solving my hair loss' underlying cause and spending the rest of my life applying expensive RU and minoxidil, you can understand why this approach is taking prevalence for the time being!! It is scary embracing an approach like this though, but I intend to fall back on RU and that if things don't recover after this.

Boondock

Reaction score
By the way perhaps you should tell Irishpride that, as it seems his hair has forgotten! (he uses a combination of RU and minoxidil with (from the pics) great success)

I guess you haven't seen irish's threads in the last week?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That's a tough decision. All your credibility relies on your goat. Let us know how that turns out... :shock:

cuebald

Reaction score
Lol ok, own up. Which one of you guys is it :mrgreen:

Hoppi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
That's a tough decision. All your credibility relies on your goat. Let us know how that turns out... :shock:

my goat?